𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Most of the time for the following week that you don't spend running small "assessments" for Gojo- which is really you doing his work for him- you train on the field with the other students. You're so grateful for how nice they are and actually treat you as a classmate instead of some kind of monster.

While you typically spend your time sparring with each of them, you find an attraction to working with two in particular. The first, Maki, uses cursed tools which you find so much fun. There was even a time Maki let you try her polearm which you had a blast swinging around.

The second is Yuuji, whom you like sparring with for a reason you can't explain. One thing is for certain though, his Taido Martial Arts style is super inspiring.

Today, you've asked Yuuji to help you learn some of his moves. While you're working with him, you hear Maki call out an alert to the group. As you turn and look in the direction she's watching, you see Gojo walking towards your group with a big wave.

"Hi guys," he sings as he draws near to the group. "Y/N or Yuuji kill anyone yet?"

You look over at Yuuji for a moment and your eyes lock with his. He's wearing the same frustrated look on his face before he turns to Gojo.

"Hey, come on Sensei, that's so unfair."

Gojo only laughs at Yuuji's little pout before losing the smile a bit. "Let's go you two. I want to borrow you for something."

"Okay!" Yuuji replies right away with hardly any hesitation.

"What're you going to do with us?" you question. "Maybe you'll be the one to kill us."

"No, no," he chuckles. "I need you alive for now. Besides, an amazing teacher like me would never do that to my students."

He almost let me die the second day that I met him!

"I'm not going to just let you die."

The words Gojo said to you last week pop into your mind against your will. Then, as Yuuji ushers you along with him towards Gojo, you can't help but feel yourself get flustered.

"Bye, bye!" Gojo waves to your new classmates.

He then wraps one of his arms around you, the other around Yuuji, and squeezes the both of you towards him.

"Man, you two are my most complicated case," he grins. "But... you both hardly know anything and kinda-"

"Aw, come on Sensei, we're not that bad," Yuuji groans.

"You're right, you're right," Gojo sighs. "Okay, fine. Just come with me."

With that, Gojo lets go of his grasp on the two of you. You then follow slightly behind, a bit out of breath from the last bit of contact he'd given you.

Gojo leads you to a classroom where he has the two of you sit down. He begins by re-explaining to you what curses, grading, and sorcerers are and finally, you begin to understand it all.

"Now, curses feed off of your negative energy, and the stronger your fear and anger is, the more powerful a curse will come from those emotions."

"So..." you think aloud. "Since we are curses, we need to be angry to get our cursed energy to work, right?"

"Wrong," your teacher shakes his head. "If you do that, you won't be able to control it. Only when you can control the cursed energy in you can you use it properly."

"I guess that makes sense," you nod in agreement.

All of a sudden, Yuuji lets in a huge breath of air and shoots Gojo a look of worry. "You're going to make us do the movie thing again, aren't you!"

"Yes," Gojo admits, to which Yuuji groans. "but it is going to be a bit more difficult this time. I'll be turning the setting higher."

The light in Yuuji's eyes go out. His head then hits his desk as though he had passed out. The only thing keeping you from fully thinking so is the small "Ow" he squeaked after impact.

Gojo pats Yuuji on his shoulder. "You'll be fine," he does a poor job at reassuring. "Come on."

Gojo then sends a big smile to you which you wish he hadn't. It's getting harder to hate him when he acts like that.

You stand up obediently and hold out a hand to Yuuji. "It's alright. I'll be there, too," you tell him. Yuuji looks up, giving you puppy-dog eyes. You flash him a smile before ushering him along and walking out of the classroom.

Soon Gojo opens a door to a room about the size of an office, and at first, that's what you think it is. That is, until you walk in and find a couch and a television.

"Go ahead and sit," Gojo says to the two of you.

As you take a seat beside Yuuji on the couch, Gojo tosses you one of those puppets like you fought back when you met Yaga.

"If you keep your cursed energy flowing, it won't attack you, okay?" he says with a grin. "But be careful because they're stronger than they were before!"

After Gojo finishes half-singing his last statement to you, he turns on the television and puts in a movie. Almost immediately after, he disappears from sight.

"Hey, Yuuji?" you turn to him as the opening title of the movie starts. "How come only we have to do this?"

"Well," he says a bit awkwardly. "Everybody else has got quite a bit more practice than us. But besides that, Sensei wants us to be as strong as the curses in us so we can fight just as well as the others."

"And your curse is Sukuna, right?"

"Yep," he says with a smile that almost freaks you out at how casual he is about it.

"How're you able to keep him inside of you all the time?" you continue to pry.

Yuuji shrugs. "I guess because I'm stronger than him."

"Right," you smile. "I guess you must be." However, your tone then turns a bit more saddened as you think of your own situation. You can't help but wish it was that simple for you. Of course, you have to be constantly watched twenty-four seven and treated like a tool for the biggest asshat you've ever met.

"Yuuji?" you ask, curiosity getting the better of you once again. "Does Gojo drag you around and make you do stuff for him?"

"No," he shakes his head. "Usually I only get to watch, but I wish I could fight cool curses like he lets you do!"

You sigh, not at Yuuji's comment, but as you think about how you might've died last week; multiple times in fact. "It's not that great," you admit to him. "I was pretty close to being a goner."

"I wouldn't worry too much about that though Y/N," Yuuji smiles at you, "Gojo likes you so he's not going to let that happen to you."

He what...

Just then, you feel something make quick impact with your jaw. Looking down you see the puppet you're holding bring its arm back to its side.

"Ow, that fucking hurt!"

The puppet then goes to hit you again, but just as it does you wrap your arms around it and focus all of your energy until it stops struggling against your grasp.

Itadori chuckles as he watches the scene unfold until you're able to put the puppet back to rest. "I don't know what Gojo's told you, but you're scary strong, too, you know."

"