𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Come get him then! It's only fair for family to destroy family. You'd know that, wouldn't you?!"

You and Todo exchange a look as you bend down into a fighting stance. From behind you, unbeknownst to either of the men, a red curse begins to rise from the earth and glow a faint red in the distance. It's only just out of Sukuna's eyesight thanks to the fog and lucky for you, he's too busy keeping on you and Todo to notice anything else.

As Sukuna stares the two of you down, he laughs and stretches out his arms beckoning the two of you to come at him. Both of you run, but the second you're near enough to touch him, he jumps into the air and lands gracefully on the ground behind you.

When you turn around, you see him standing there with a large smirk plastered to his face. But it's now that Todo notices your curse as it makes its presence known, charging straight towards Sukuna. And fortunately for him, he's able to avoid the attack just in time.

However, your curse doesn't give up right away and lands a strike against the side of Sukuna's head. He fumbles a few steps to the side but doesn't fall. Instead, a laugh erupts from his throat. After that, your curse begins to evaporate.

"You were saving up for that?" he chuckles. "it was so quick! Was that your whole plan?" He then stops for a moment and gives you a chance to respond. When you don't he sighs and continues on. "You're weak, Y/N. Come back to me so I can properly teach you how to use your curse technique!"

Your hands tighten into fists as anger bubbles within you. Todo's quick to notice and turns Sukuna's attention away to him instead.

"Just lay off already!" he shouts in almost a lecturing tone of voice. "I know Itadori's in there somewhere telling you the same thing, too!"

Just then, tears begin to stream down Todo's cheeks. You realize it's been a miracle that he was able to keep it together for this long.

"You're right," Sukuna groans. "That damn brat is annoying as hell, but it doesn't mean I'm going to let him take control so easily!"

"Todo," you call to the man beside you, "Yuuji's been out of control for a while now. He's probably got a bit of strength back since then."

Todo's wet cheeks lift into a grin upon hearing your words of reassurance. "Good job, best friend! Just wait for the right moment and we'll get you out of there!"

Once again, your partner leaps towards Sukuna, and the fighting begins again. After a little while, you can tell there's quite a strain weighing Todo down and you're not ashamed to say you can feel it, too; Sukuna's too strong.

Soon after, Sukuna's got you both on your knees in front of him. Blood flows down from cuts and bruises across your skin despite the rain pushing them to roll down your flesh. Sukuna grabs you by the hair roughly, eliciting a shriek from you caused by the pains throughout your body.

"I'll give you one last chance..."

"You piece of crap, what the hell is your deal?! Stop being so cryptic and just fess up why you care about me so much! Just 'cause we're family' doesn't mean shit!" you shout.

He sighs at your inability to read his mind. "It should be fairly obvious by now," he says as he releases your head. "You could be at my level, greater even, if you knew how to use your damn cursed energy correctly!"

You begin to think back from the time you first met Todo and the other Kyoto students and how you hardly knew what your curse even was back then. Your eyes widen as you realize that's not the only trick you've learned; your father told you about what your mother was capable of when she had the curse; She was able to manipulate her spilled blood. Sukuna's right and you realize there's a lot more to your curse than just what you've been using.

Concentrating deeply, you pool the blood leaking from your wounds into spinning rings around your wrists. As he realizes what you're doing, Sukuna kicks Todo in the head and renders him unconscious on the ground.

"I can't believe I'm related to you pieces of shit! I want no part of you or my father ever again!" you shout, and as you do, your blood sharpens into spikes around your body. Another large creature forms as your side, too, towering higher than anything you've ever created.

Your curse wastes no time in charging at Sukuna, but it, too, is captured. Sukuna grabs your curse by the face, despite how high he has to reach, and slams the creates into the ground. He laughs wickedly but stops short. The creature he'd just forced to make impact the ground hardly produces a noise. In fact, the only noise either of you hears is the sound of a single clap.

Sukuna looks down at his hand and sees the sharp spikes of your blood impaled through his hand. His eyes darken as he whisks his head to the side where he finds Todo weakly standing back up. Sukuna wonders how in the hell Todo's still conscious, it's clear just by looking at his face.

"I'm going to get my best friend back no matter what!" Todo shouts confidently.

Cringe, you think to yourself before realizing just about the same time as Sukuna's eyes fill with worry, that your large curse is missing.

Suddenly, the creature reappears right before you and drives its fight straight into Sukuna's chest, causing the King of Curses to fall back on his knee and cough up a good amount of blood.

"Yuuji, now!" you shout, hoping that Yuuji can actually hear you. "We need you back!"

"Come on, best friend!" Todo chimes in, tears falling down his face once more. "We need you!"

God, Todo looks like he's going through some internal monologue...

Sukuna shouts out ropes of curses at the two of you, hoping to manage to get you to stop. However, the markings along his body begin to disappear until Itadori's back to being himself. He falls down onto his hands and knees, choking up blood. Todo's the first to run up to him, squeezing him too tight and knocking what little air Yuuji had in him out of his system.

"Cut it out, Todo," you shake your head as you approach the two of them. "Let him breathe!"

A look of realization and shock hits Todo and he pulls away from Yuuji. The poor, pink-haired boy sucks in a high breath followed by a small squeak of a "thank you," to you.

"Yuuji, are you able to keep going?" you ask worriedly.

"Yeah," he hums as he sits back onto his knees. "But that punch your curse threw was rough!"

"Sorry," you chuckle, "but it was well worth it to get you back."

In the blink of an eye, Yuuji throws his arms around you and Todo, thanking the pair of you once again for bringing him back.

"Now," he says as he pulls away, "it's time to help the others!"

"Hell yeah!" Todo shouts straight into your ear. "Let's go best friends!"

Best friends?! you deadpan at his words. These guys are five years younger than me!

"Yeah!" Itadori beams, going along with Todo's bold statement.

"What the hell," you groan as you give in to their ridiculousness. "Come on."

With that, you wrap Yuuji's arm around your shoulder and lift him to stand. Together, the three of you begin to push your way through the fog on the lookout for your next fight.

 Together, the three of you begin to push your way through the fog on the lookout for your next fight