𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

"There you are, my Y/N."

At the sound of Gojo's voice, your eyes immediately meet with the floor. There's no way you can face him either- not after leaving him for your new cursed spirit teammates. Besides that, he worked so hard to train you and teach you well just for you to fail him. Even more, you realize you've failed Yuuji even more.

"I'm cool with your curse if you are," he had said when you returned from Kyoto.

You feel yourself holding back tears as you look over at Sukuna with wet, blurry eyes.

"The hell is wrong with you?" he comments insensitively, though it's not his fault since he has no idea what you're thinking. "Stop doing that!"

"Sorry, I-"

"Y/N!"

Your eyes widen as you hear Yuuji's voice call out to you. "Yuuji?" you mumble until suddenly, Sukuna disappears from view. You look around for him only to see that he's already begun attempting to strike Gojo and instead create an explosion behind him.

The others follow in Sukuna's footsteps and begin to engage in combat. You look around, trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do when you see Gendo beginning to stride right up to you, holding something in his pocket.

You begin to run away and disappear behind a wall. Placing your hands on the building, you pull a huge curse out of it. The moment Gendo appears before your curse, you take off yet again.

When you get far enough away, you see an old-fashioned-looking car casually pulling up in front of the school. However, when it sees you it kicks up speed and stops abruptly at your side. As the window rolls down, a sigh of relief comes over you. It's Nanami. He looks at you confused but unlocks the car and allows you to jump inside.

"Sukuna's here with a bunch of other curse users... like my dad," you huff.

"Seriously?!" he half-shouts as he drives the car to a lot. He then turns around to face you and allows you to explain everything to him.

"Alright, calm down, Y/N," he says once you're done speaking, "We'll go out and help the others."

"Okay," you hum breathlessly through your tear-stained lips.

The two of you step out of the car. Nanami nods and asks you to lead the way towards where you'd last seen Gendo. As you begin to run towards the fight, he suddenly calls your name. In the same moment that you turn around to face him, he pushes you to the side. When you land on the floor with a thud, you find him standing in front of you with his arms straight out.

"What is it?" you ask worriedly.

"Don't let him touch you," is all he replies with.

You tilt your head to look past Nanami and find Mahito on the other side. Mahito wiggles his fingers and waves at you.

"Hello, Y/N," he sings, "What side have you decided to be on?"

"Not yours," you spit.

"Man, that sucks," he sighs. "I really thought we understood each other, but I just don't get why you want to be around all these sorcerers and humans all the time... They don't get you like we do."

"They don't need to fully understand me as long as they care enough to try!" you retort.

Mahito scoffs, completely disagreeing with your statement. He then flashes around Nanami and runs at you but you're able to roll out of the way and onto your knees just in time. As you kneel, red energy flows from your hands into the ground below you. Suddenly, two red monsters emerge from the ground.

Mahito's mouth drops instantly at the sight. "Holy crap, you were hiding that this whole time?! I didn't know you were that good!" He laughs sickly.

Your eyes narrow at him at about the same time your two red curses leap towards him and begin their attack. Mahito's able to grab one of them and tear a hole through its torso, but it quickly regenerates. Nanami takes this moment that his opponent is distracted and runs at him.

However, Mahito's arm extends right past all three of them and grips roughly onto your neck. He then pulls you directly in front of himself, blocking Nanami from getting to him. But despite that, Nanami rushes around to get to Mahito's other side. Unfortunately, he's too slow and Mahito jumps away.

Luckily, your two glowing curses attack Mahito, slicing right through his side. When you duck down, the other punches him square in the face.

"Fuck! You bitch!" Mahito growls as he lets go of you. You turn around and watch as blood pours from his face and side.

Then, once again Nanami runs at his opponent. Just as he's about to strike him with his weapon, Mahito disappears. You release your curses, no longer having any use of them.

"You okay?" Nanami asks as he turns to you.

"I'll be fine," you sigh, "Just a bit out of breath. How are you holdin' up?"

"I'm fine, too," he nods. "Let's get you to Gojo."

As Nanami turns to run away, you grab him by the wrist.

"Wait," your voice rings out. "I don't think I can face Gojo without bringing Yuuji..."

Nanami sighs but understands your reasoning. "You said Sukuna was right Gojo, right? Help us turn him back to Itadori."

"I've tried," you sad disappointedly, "I don't think I can."

"Listen, Y/N," Nanami's voice turns serious as he faces you. "It's not your responsibility to take care of him alone. Work with us and we'll get him back, I promise."

"You're right," you smile. "Thanks, Nanami. I think I'm ready now."

"Great," he nods as he tugs you sightly and begins to run in the direction you were heading before bumping into Mahito. "And it's Kento, by the way. You're not a child, you can call me by my first name."

"Okay," you grin as you follow after him. "Let's do this!"

 "Let's do this!"