𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

You peer at your rival through rained-out eyelashes. It's hard to see anything through the water and fog. By now you're lucky if you can see fifteen feet in front of you. However, your father is right in front of you, gripping your wrist, so it's not too difficult to spot him.

"Don't talk shit about other people when you can't even fight yourself, you brat!"

That asshole actually had the nerve to lecture you. Since when did he ever care enough to teach you right from wrong... and who the hell is he of all people to determine that.

"Don't talk to me as if you actually know me," you scoff as you pull yourself out of his grasp. "If you wanted to be a father you shouldn't have left me to rot in an orphanage that hard hardly enough room for another child!"

"What the hell are you going to do about it?" he laughs wickedly.

You look over towards where you'd last seen Gojo. Although you can't see him, you remind yourself that he is there putting in work to protect you and the others. The least you can do is support him.

Heat rises in your body so hot that your red glow bursts from your body. Gendo watches closely, intrigued to see what you'll do next to surprise him. He's delighted to watch as three large monster-like curses form around you without you even needing to touch anything.

"I worked so hard," he sighs. "I really wish it didn't have to end like this... All my work will amount to nothing if you keep pushing me away. And that old whore would've died for nothing!"

"Shut the hell up!" you yell as you run at him once more.

He smirks as he watches you charge toward him. He lifts his right arm to punch you this time, but you swiftly dodge and kick him in the stomach. At the same time, one of your curses lands a perfect uppercut against his jaw. The second joins in and impacts its large fist against Gendo's chest, forcing him to cough out blood.

Once more you kick the scientist, this time in his side, forcing him to finally fall onto the ground. You walk around to the side of him and place your foot on his chest, refusing him to get up. Your curses walk around him, too, glowing even in the fog and rain.

"This was such a waste of time," you sigh. "You should have just left me alone. You're a sorry excuse for a father."

You lift your foot to Gendo's face. Just as you begin to step down onto him, he stabs you in the shin.

"Fuck!" you shout as you stumble backwards. Luckily, one of your curses catches you before you lose your balance.

Your father laughs devilishly, coughing out blood as he does. "I shouldn't be the one to die," he chokes out. "You don't deserve to live."

"You don't get to have a damn opinion!" you shout as you carefully shift your balance onto your injured leg, despite the excruciating pain.

"Then I'll just have to wait for you in hell."

You scoff at the thought of ever having to see him again. "Not even Satan himself would want you in there, you piece of shit."

You grab onto your curse's shoulder as you lift up your good leg to your father's head. "You're all out of tricks, daddy. You're done and I'm fucking bored."

With that, you stomp down hard on his face. He laughs as you continue to repeat the process, bloodying his face until the sound of his voice is gone and his head swings back and forth from your kicks. When you're done, his eyes remain open but his smile has completely faded. You kick his head away from you so you don't have to look at it.

"Goodbye, old man," you whisper as the curses around you disappear.

You then fall to the ground beside your deceased father and notice the injury he'd left with the knife in your shin.

"God, that fuckin' hurts," you groan as you position your leg in front of you. With a deep breath, you grab onto the handle and pull out the knife. You can't stop yourself from yelling in pain, but you're thankful the wound isn't enough to kill you.

Ripping off one of your sleeves, you tie the cloth around your shin to prevent more bleeding. At about the same time, you hear the sound of footsteps approaching. You quickly search through your father's pockets and eventually pull out the small photo of your mother.

You can't help but stare for a moment at the woman you never met. She's the real deal though, you realize since she does look quite similar to you. Thank god you look more like her than your father.

As you tuck the picture into your bra, hoping that'd be a safer spot than a pocket where it could accidentally fall out, you look towards the sounds of footsteps. Now, you can see a whole group of dark figures walking right towards you.

"Shit, what the hell am I going to do about that?!" you mutter to yourself as you look around. Gojo nor any of the others can yet be seen.

Hurt and alone, seeing no other option, you reach the ground. Out pops one curse beside you, a mere 10 inches tall.

I'm screwed! Goddammit, you shout in your brain as you attempt to peer through the ever-thickening fog and rain once again, I can't see anybody else!

Finally, the group of humans or creatures or whatever the hell they are, stand before you. There's nothing else for you to do; it's just you and your pitiful curse against what looks to be seven or eight people. And then, one of their voices booms through the loud-falling rain.

"Yo!"