𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Y/N'S P.O.V.

"... And that's the end of the story," he sighs. "When I went back to the orphanage on your tenth birthday, I was told you were transferred somewhere else in the Gifu prefecture and had no records available to share with me. I tried looking around, but it took years. When I finally did, I was told you were out of the system. You slipped right through my fingers."

"So you..." you sob after hearing the story of your mother for the first time, "you never cared about her."

"That old whore?" he scoffs, "Of course not. Get your head out of the clouds." With that, he stands up and walks back towards the walls. "She was nothing but a disappointment. You better not prove to be one, too, Y/N. I waited too goddamn long."

He then puts his hand on the doorknob and looks back at you. "If you leave this room, I will know." And that's it, he walks out without so much decency as to answer any of your overwhelming questions.

You run straight to the door and peer through the peephole. On the outside of your room, you see Gendo nod to Sukuna and walk away. Sukuna leans against the railing across from your room and stays put. You suppose that's what Gendo meant when he said he would know if you left your room; Sukuna's keeping watch. However, you wonder why Sukuna actually agreed to that. He only ever does what he wants to do. Is he keeping an eye on you for a reason of his own?

You walk back across the room and flop down onto the small bed. You lay there awake for awhile, thoughts swirling around your head about your poor mother and your father who tricked her.

When you've eventually had enough, you roll to your side and look at the cheap, digital clock that reads 2:38 in blinding LED lights.

Thinking that there's absolutely no way Sukuna's still standing out there, you get up and peep through the hole. No Sukuna. You let out a thankful breath of relief and slowly open the door. Once again, there's still no Sukuna.

You make your way quickly and quietly to the same staircase Gendo had led you up before to get to your room. Unfortunately, there you see Sukuna. Holding back a surprised gasp, you hide behind a wall so he doesn't find you.

Oh shit, what do I do now?!

Looking back at Sukuna below the stairs, he seems to be pacing back and forth. Is he talking to himself, or possibly Yuuji? This could be your chance to get him to switch back.

You then look down along the railing Sukuna had been watching before. You're on the third floor, so you can't really jump down. But, your body also screams at you not to engage with Sukuna and instead go back to your room. However, you don't really want to do that either.

You won't play pet with these guys, you have been at the receiving end of games like this for far too long already. You need to get Yuuji and get the hell out of there.

Taking two steps onto the platform before the staircase, you peer down at Sukuna.

"Yuuji!" you shout. "Come on, let's go!"

But it isn't Yuuji that turns to face you. Instead, you come eye to eye with Sukuna. A wide, sick smile grows on his face as he sees you outside of your room.

"It's great to see you, Y/N," he laughs darkly, "What are you doing out of bed?"

Your eyebrows knit together, realizing that this will be a harder challenge than you've expected. "Yuuji! Come back!"

Sukuna only laughs at you again. "With all those fingers I've been eating, the kid can't control his own body."

"Shut the hell up, Sukuna, I wasn't talking to you!"

Then, in an instant, Sukuna's risen from the stairs and hovers directly above you. You back up, intimidated by the glare of death he's given you until your back hits the railing.

Once more, he laughs wickedly. "You've got nowhere to go but down, Y/N. If you do that, who knows what'll happen to your curse."

"You're right," you hum, an idea striking your brain. "Maybe if I end it all, the curse will be over. There won't be anyone to pass it onto."

Just as you begin to lean back, Sukuna grabs roughly onto your arm and pulls you away from the edge.

"Guess I can't have you dying then," he grins. "Like I've mentioned before, I plan on using you to get to that white-haired fool."

With that, he lands a hard strike against your cheek. You gasp as the wind is momentarily knocked out of you. Sukuna takes that moment you're so desperate for air to admire the way you look all beat up under his own hand. It's the way you should look, he thinks, as someone who owes their entire existence to him.

When his moment of admiration is gone, he punches you square in the face. Blood drips down from your nose and mouth as he pulls his hand away and wipes the fluid against his pants.

"Go back to your room, now," he growls.

"No. I'm leaving here with Yuuji," you say as you weakly stand up to face him again.

"Shut the hell up with that!" he shouts over your voice, punching again which he continues to do so until your legs give out completely.

Eventually, the world goes blurry. Sukuna's forced to scoop you up under your legs and bring you back to your room yourself. There, he unlocks the door with his own key and drops you down roughly onto the bed.

"Stay put," he growls, obviously pissed-off at how inconvenient it is to watch you.

Your breathing is heavy and the world continues to spin, but you keep your eyes on Sukuna as he walks across the room and sits down on the chair Gendo had previously been occupying.

Once he's sitting, his eyes meet yours and he stares back with just as much intensity as he's had this entire time. He crosses his arms as he watches you, hoping you'll fall asleep soon.

"Yuuji..." you call out quietly once more before your world fades to black.

As for Sukuna, the lines on his body begin to fade. Yuuji has been putting up one hell of a fight this entire time. If only you had been able to stay awake a few minutes longer you might've helped, however, in the end Sukuna resumes full control.

 If only you had been able to stay awake a few minutes longer you might've helped, however, in the end Sukuna resumes full control