𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Y/N'S P.O.V.

A few moments after you hug Gojo and thank him for rescuing you, you find yourself back in his office in Tokyo. You look around with wet eyes to see Nanami sitting nearby looking unimpressed.

"What took so long?" he huffs, although a soft look grows in his eyes as he sees you. When he sees you smile, he does the same.

"It would have been quicker if Y/N wasn't so damn hard to get to," Gojo sighs as he walks towards his desk.

"Well, it's good to have you back," Nanami tells you.

"Thanks. I didn't realize how much I missed this place until I was there," you groan.

Gojo, who had been looking through a magazine, shakes his head. "Did you hear that, Nanamin? Y/N thinks we're better than jail!"

"Eh? I didn't mean it like that!" you defend yourself as you approach him.

Gojo pats your head, a small chuckle coming from his throat as he speaks. "I was only kidding. Now, I think it's best if I take you to your room so you can get some rest."

"Okay," you nod to him before turning to Nanami, "Goodbye."

"Bye, Y/N," Nanami waves, "I'll see you soon."

You smile at Nanami, getting lost in the moment for a second until Gojo wraps his arm around you and tugs you away from his friend.

Gojo walks with you across campus. You notice the distance he keeps is significantly reduced from the first few times you've been around him and when you're with the students.

"I want you to get some rest for a bit," Gojo reiterates, "but after come find me so we can talk."

Although you want to ask him what he wants to talk about, you already have the answer. You suppose that Yuuji had said something to Gojo about Sukuna.

"Will you be up that late?" you ask.

Gojo only nods. You hope he isn't too mad and you're too tired to pry into his emotions right now.

"I'll probably be in my office," he finally responds, "you can look for me there."

"Right, thank you," you nod quickly, as respectfully as you can.

"Oh, you don't need to thank me," he hums, now cheering up.

A small grin creeps upon your face as he seems to get back to his usual self. You then reach the entrance to the dorms where he holds the door for you and ushers you in.

Gojo walks with you down the hall, a bit behind in comparison. When a door flings open, you stop and he bumps into your back. You wonder why he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, but decide not to dwell over it for long. There, in front of you with a confused expression on their face stands Nobara Kugisaki.

Kugisaki looks at you, then up at her teacher, and once more back at you. She looks extremely embarrassed, as though she walked into something she shouldn't have. She seems to be at a loss for words as the three of you stand there for an awkward moment. That is, until Gojo makes things worse.

"Tada! Y/N's back!" he cheers.

Kugisaki's confused face turns darker. She seems to be analyzing the new cuts and bruises on your skin.

"Tada..." you say weakly, hoping to diminish the angered look on her face.

Instead, she crosses her arms and glares across at you. "You owe me an apology, Y/N! I can't believe you just left without saying anything!"

"Oh," you comment, taken aback from her comment. You didn't expect that the students would miss you if you left. "Kugisaki, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to leave."

Just then, she extends her arms out to you and pulls you into a hug. You hear mumbled sounds exchanged between her and Gojo from behind you, yet you have no clue what they're saying.

"So!" Kugisaki chipperly hums as she pulls back from the hug, her hands still on your arms, "I guess I'm going to have to fix you up again super quick."

Gojo chuckles upon hearing her speak. "Have fun you two," he hums. "Y/N, I'll see you after you get your rest."

"Bye," you wave as he walks away.

Kugisaki takes your hand in hers and leads you into her room. She stops you at the side of the bed to sit where you were last time.

"What was that about?" she hums as she looks around for her first-aid kit.

"What do you mean? Why I left?" you ask.

"No," she groans, a bit frustrated in either you or herself for not being able to find what she's looking for. "Why was Gojo bringing you to your room?"

"It wasn't anything weird," you laugh, thinking that must have been why she looked like a deer in the headlights before. "Don't worry."

"Right," she hums as she finally finds the kit. "'Cause all the weird stuff will happen when you go to see him after you get your energy back."

"Kugisaki!" you shake your head. "I just got back from Kyoto!"

"Sure," she nods as she walks towards the bed. "So you still haven't come to terms with your feelings yet, huh?"

You think for a moment as she places the first-aid kit on the bed and sits in front of you.

"Fine," you sigh. "I might have figured out that I missed him when I left..."

"Hey!" she pouts. "What about me?"

"Of course I missed all of you guys," you admit, "but it was just weird not having him around. Gakuganji and the other in Kyoto didn't seem to care about me. There was one person who just didn't get along with me well, too."

Kugisaki smiles excitedly as she puts some medicine on your face. "You should definitely get your rest like Gojo said and then go tell him how you feel!"

"I'm not in high school, you know," you sigh until she gives you a threatening look. "Okay, fine! I'll talk to him tonight, but I don't know how well it'll go over. That man is still a complete mystery to me."

Kugisaki giggles as she spreads the medicine into your skin. "He totally likes you. There's no way he'll turn you down, Y/N."

A/N: If you've got an opinion for my next fic, please let me know in this anonymous form! The link is also found on my pinned conversation Thank you! The feedback is greatly appreciated! (Sept. 22)

https://forms.gle/wsZVFpSJCfi2X3Zn7

gle/wsZVFpSJCfi2X3Zn7