𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A couple of hours later, you arrive with Gojo and his other students at a retirement home that's been recently foreclosed. You stand in front of it a bit confused as to why he's brought you there of all places.

"Why're we here?" Yuuji asks for you.

Gojo puts his hands on his hips and looks up at the building proudly. "The four of you are going in there to get rid of the curses that caused issues for the previous owners and forced them to shut down."

"Shouldn't we have done this before they closed down?" you mutter to yourself.

Gojo either doesn't hear or pretends not to, although if you had to guess, you'd guess it is the latter.

"Don't worry," he then assures your group, "most of them are grade three but there might be a grade two or one in there."

"What?!" Kugisaki cries out. "You can't do that... We're not ready for that!"

Gojo shakes his head in disagreement. "You'll be fine, just don't make Fushiguro do all the work and save your asses again."

"Wait, what about you?" you ask him, fully expecting his answer.

"It won't be that difficult," he shoots you a smile. "You'll be fine."

Just as you roll your eyes, Kugisaki looks her arm around yours. She says it's time to go in and together you walk with her inside, not bothering to look back at the others.

Almost immediately when you enter through the front doors, a curse walks out from a room down the hall. You cringe internally as it looks like an overgrown infant with four small eyes and large hands.

As it runs towards you, you take a stance in preparation like you've worked on in training. However, before you get a chance to make any kind of impact, Kugisaki has thrown nails into its head. You turn to the side and find an extremely satisfied, yet terrifying look on her face. At the same time, the curse's head explodes into bits of dust.

Just then, Yuuji and Megumi run in asking what all of the commotion was about.

"I already got a grade three," Kugisaki glares at the pair of boys darkly. However, Yuuji does not seem phased by this and immediately gives her a high five.

Once Kugisaki's moment ends, the conversation of what to do next begins.

"Should we split up?" Yuuji asks as he looks towards Kugisaki.

"That might be a good idea," Megumi nods. "We can cover more ground and nobody will be left alone in case of that higher grade curse Sensei told us about."

"Okay," Kugisaki chimes in, "Y/N, you go with Yuuji. The two of you have gotten the most practice with each other and work well together."

Yuuji gives Kugisaki a thumbs up and turns to you with a smile. You agree with your friend's statement with a nod.

"Then I guess Nobara and I will take the first floor. Can you two handle the second?" Megumi asks.

"Sure," you reply, and together you and Yuuji search for the stairs.

When you finally find the stairwell, the doors stick but open after a bit of pushing. You then walk up and arrive on the second floor. A dimly lit hallway presents itself to you as you push open the doors to the level.

"Hey, do you hear that?" Yuuji whispers as you check in and out of patient rooms.

"No," you reply quietly, "what is-"

Just as you turn to look at your partner, he has completely disappeared. You whip your head around, hoping to find him, and stop when you see a flash of clothing disappear down the hall.