𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Eventually, you and Nanami make it back over to the others. There, your eyes first land on Megumi and Kugisaki who both look extremely out of breath. You then look around for Gojo and finally find that he's already walking up to you and Nanami. You look anywhere except at him, unable to do anything else except freeze in place. You have no clue what to say when he approaches. Is he going to kick you out of the school? Abandon you?

A bunch of dark thoughts swirl around your mind as you watch his feet step closer to you. When he stops in front just short of you and Nanami, you begin to look up his body but are unable to make it to his face.

"You okay there Nanamin?" he asks.

"Yes," the man beside you replies plainly. "I'm going to talk to the others now about what happened."

Nanami pats you on the back and walks away. In your head, you scream at him to come back. The last thing you want right now is to be left alone with the man you've disappointed.

Once Nanami's gone, Gojo steps closer to you. He places two of his fingers gently under your chin and lifts your head to look at him.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" he asks sincerely.

Still refusing to meet his gaze, you reply softly. "Yes sir."

"Hmm," he hums as he tilts your head to either side gently. "You don't look okay. Is your nose broken?"

"It's really fine," you sigh, "I deserved it?"

"For what?" he wonders aloud.

"For running away."

"Running away?" he repeats in a confused tone. "If you ran away then why are you back?"

"I didn't mean it like that. It's not that I ditched you on purpose but-"

"Of course not," he smiles, though you miss it as you continue to look away from him, "so you don't deserve to be hurt."

At the sound of his words, your eyes widen. Finally, you decide to look at him. With his blindfold pulled down around his neck, you're able to look right into his eyes. You're shocked to see the soft expression on his face; he really isn't mad.

Unwelcomed tears suddenly begin streaming down your cheeks. "I'm so sorry," you sniffle, "I didn't mean to leave you."

Gojo chuckles as he begins to wipe away your tears with his thumb. "It's alright," he teases, "Since I'm constantly saving your ass, it was nice I didn't have to do that for once."

"You ass," you shake your head as you stifle out a small laugh.

"Glad you're back, Y/N," he smiles as he wraps his arms around you and pulls you close. You stay there for a moment, relishing in his warmth before coming back to reality.

"Wait, what happened with Sukuna?! Is Yuuji okay? Where did he go?!" you begin to excite yourself.

"That pathetic lump of trash backed out halfway through," he sighs, "It was so lame. It hardly began to get exciting."

"You're too strong, I suppose," you grin.

"Of course! I am the strongest you know!" he gloats. "Where did you pull Nanamin from, by the way?"

Just as you're about to answer, you hear your name called by a familiar female voice. As you turn your head to the side, you see Kugisaki and Megumi walking towards you. Once again, you freeze in place until Gojo pats your head.

"You should say something to them, they were really worried about you... Both of them."

You spare Gojo a momentary look as he places his blindfold back over his eyes. At about the same time, Kugisaki and Megumi approach you and wrap their arms tightly around you.

Again, your eyes begin to water as you think back to the last time you saw them- that poor, helpless state you allowed them to be in as you were dragged off.

"I didn't mean to leave you behind," you cry.

"We know, Y/N," Megumi whispers, "We don't blame you."

"We're just glad that you're okay," Kugisaki adds.

As you pull away from them, you notice a sad smile on both of their faces. "Are you two okay?" you ask.

Kugisaki nods. "What happened to you and Yuuji while you were gone?"

You look over at Gojo for a moment and see that he's curiously awaiting your answer, too. You begin by asking them if they remember that man who brought you to them in the first place.

"Of course! What about it?" Kugisaki asks curiously.

"He's, uh... He's my biological father."

At the same time, all three of their jaws drop to the ground. Gojo then chuckles and breaks the awkward silence.

"Wow," he nods. "I don't think anybody would have seen that coming... Sounds like you got a pretty fucked up family, Y/N."

"You're just realizing that now?" you grumble.

"Wait so then what are we going to do now?" your female friend wonders aloud.

You shrug but at the same time you notice Nanami, Principal Yaga, and the other students run up to you.

"Do any of you have a plan?" Megumi asks seriously.

Principal Yaga shakes his head. "I have no idea where they went. We have no way of tracking them."

"Actually," you mumble as you gaze over at Gojo, "when I was gone they had me staying at this rundown old hotel. They might still be there."

Gojo nods, happy with your lead. "If Y/N can find where they are, we should call for backup and plan to attack."

"Good idea," the principal agrees. "I'll call for backup."

With that, Gojo nudges you. "Let's go. Show me where you think they are."

"I'm ready."

He then turns to Nanami and the other two first years. "Let's go. Nanamin, you'll let us borrow your car, right?"

"Goddammit," the blonde man curses to himself. "Fine, just hurry up."

"We'll follow behind," Panda adds as he gestures to the other students.

"Okay, I'll keep an eye out for you," Nanami nods before running in the direction of his car.

The five of you then quickly pile in with you and Nanami in the front. Gojo keeps himself busy in the back giving instructions to his two students.

"Here!" you shout when you finally find the place. "Kento, stop!"

"Kento?" you hear three small voices repeat in the back of the car. You don't bother to look back and rather avoid the embarrassment as Nanami pulls the car over just around the corner.

"Come on," he then tells you plus the other three who are still processing what you previously said. "Let's get this over with so I can go home!"

 "Let's get this over with so I can go home!"