𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"I'd like to see your skills for myself. Ask Todo to spar with you."

Looking down at the huge, completely shredded man training at the bottom of the hill, your jaw drops to the ground.

"Him? Are you kidding?!" you shake your head in disbelief.

"Oh?" he hums, "but I thought you said Gojo was working with you. Was he not training you well."

"He was," you growl as you look back down at the students.

"Hm, perhaps you just aren't progressing well. That could be why he sent you here," he says as though talking to himself.

Your face softens into a sad frown as you're forced back into thinking why Gojo sent you to Kyoto.

"If I was to guess," Gakuganji continues, "you become too much of a burden on him. He still has students that he needs to be focusing on instead. Students that show more promise than a damned curse."

You wish you could scream at the man, yelling at him to put him in his place. However, you can't do more than agree with his words. All of the students in Tokyo were amazing. What if you were holding them back?

You furrow your eyebrows, remembering that you're no longer there anyway so it shouldn't matter. Anyway, you're in Kyoto now. Perhaps Gakuganji can tell you what you want to know.

"Do you know about my curse?" you ask quietly.

"I do," he hums.

"If you tell me what I want to know, I'll fight whoever you want."

Gakuganji snorts out a laugh. "I didn't think you were in a position to bargain, but okay. What do you want to know?"

Your eyes widen. How much does he know?

"Everything..."

"Alright," he nods. "Your family bloodline descends from that of Ryomen Sukuna. Therefore, Sukuna's blood runs through your veins."

So he was telling the truth when we spoke...

"When Sukuna died and his fingers became cursed objected, that cursed energy flowed through your bloodline," he continues. "From then on when one of your ancestors was born, they became a curse themselves. Now tell me, have you ever met either of your parents?"

"No," you reply in almost a whisper.

"So I've thought," he nods. "Once the curse of your family is passed down, the previous owner of the curse won't survive."

"That is, unless they survive the one in a million chance they live through the ordeal," he hums to himself, almost as though he wasn't talking to you at that point.

Your body shakes as you hear him speak to you, believing every word to be true. After all, he's got no reason to lie. Although, this does completely flip your world upside down.

"Did everybody know this except me?" you mutter.

Gakuganji shakes his head. "No. Only the faculty knows."

"And that includes Gojo," you say as you hold back tears.

"Of course. He did talk to you about this before, didn't he?"

"No..."

Gakuganji scoffs. "That fool doesn't respect anything, it's ridiculous."

That isn't true.

"Gojo seemed to be all excited over this deal to bring you here. I guess that explains why he didn't tell you about yourself... He wanted to dump you off on someone else," he scoffs.

By now, your fists clench so tightly they turn white. It was one thing for him to badmouth you, but you didn't want to see it done to Gojo. It's now that your sadness has completely dissolved; you wish you could ram your fist straight into the old man's face right now.

You stand up, doing so to prevent yourself from doing something you'll later forget. Looking down at the huge monster of a man that you're meant to fight, you call out to Gakuganji.

"I'm ready to fight him."

Without so much as turning back to the principal, you stomp down to the grass field below. You toss your jacket somewhere on the hill, your heartbeat increasing as you go to face what you believe is your doom. You shouldn't be too worried though, you've faced death one too many times already.

"Hey you," you call out to Todo, forgetting his name as rage consumes you.

Todo turns around, looking across the field at you with confusion written on his face.

"I'm gonna knock you on your ass real quick, okay?" you smirk as you stop in front of him.

Todo laughs and pats your shoulder. "I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen, Y/N."

Not accepting his answer, you grab onto his arm with your hands. Anger bubbled up inside of you as you concentrate all of your energy into your hands.

Putting pressure on your bent knees, you flip the monster over your shoulder, letting him land behind you on the ground.

Todo lands with a shout, obviously not expecting you to do that. Although, you aren't quick to show mercy. You step on his chest, a proud grin growing across your lips.

"If you don't take me seriously, I swear I'll stomp your face in," you growl at the man below.

"Man, she really is a monster," you hear someone whisper behind you.

You look to the side where you see Mai, Miwa, and a blonde-haired girl looking over at you with shock. You clear your throat and quickly look back at your opponent on the ground who seems to be waiting for your next move. Your face softens as you glance down at him and you remove your foot from his torso.

As Todo sits up, you extend your hand out to him.

"Sorry," you pout through your apology, even though it is truly sincere. "To clarify, I'm just looking for a fair fight."

Todo stands, accepting your hand as he does. He beams with a huge smile, obviously more excited for the fight now compared to before.

"Alright, Y/N," he laughs. "I'm in."