𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

GOJO'S P.O.V.

As I'm sitting in my office, going through a magazine and trying not to forget how pissed off I am about Y/N's transfer to Kyoto, there's a knock at my door. I look up and see Nanami in the doorframe.

"Yo," I nod as I put down the magazine.

Nanami scoffs as he enters. "Why do you look so calm?"

"Me?" I shrug, "'Cause I'm always calm."

My friend shakes his head as he sits in a chair across from me. "Where's Y/N?" he asks as if he doesn't already know the answer to that.

"Yaga took her to Kyoto for a few days," I reply while keeping my composure. "It'll be good for her to train with the other students. Ooo, maybe she'll figure out her cursed technique while she's there, wouldn't that be something!"

Nanami looks absolutely bewildered. "What's it?" he continues to pry. "You don't... miss her?" When I don't give him a verbal response, he lets out a disappointed sigh. "You're so ignorant."

"Ouch, why such hard words Nanamin?"

"Listen," he shakes his head, "I talked to Iori this morning."

"Oh?" I hum playfully, doing well to hide my worry that he's going to say something negative about Y/N's wellbeing. "Have you got a thing for her?"

"Idiot," he scoffs, "I'm trying to talk seriously to you."

"Fine," I sit back, letting him continue.

"She told me that Gakuganji's keeping Y/N in their cellar."

"Right," I laugh, thinking that Iori must have been confused. "There's no way she's down there, that thing is like being in solitary confinement. She'd go crazy alone down there for too long."

"I know, but that's what she told me," he shakes his head.

"Are they feeding her?" I ask, beginning to buy into what Iori's said.

Nanami nods, sending a wave of relief through my body. "Iori was bringing her food last I knew but apparently they had forgotten to give her a place to shower. She went on and on about how she had to bring Y/N to the dorm bathroom."

"That freaky old man," I scoff. "If she's using the dorm bathrooms, she should just stay there in the dorms!"

As I say that, I think back to the day that I saw Y/N leave. She had handcuffs around her wrists as she got into the car with Yaga. They must trust her so little that they're taking every precaution. Hell, they should've just had me go with her.

Just then, there's another knock at the door. It's Itadori this time. He comes skipping in without a care in the world as he's all ready for Nanami to take him out for some fieldwork today.

"Hi, Nanamin, how's everything going..." Yuuji asks before looking at me, his voice trailing off as he notices he walked in on something. "Uh, is everything okay?"

"Just fine," I assure him with a bright smile. "We were just talking about Y/N's transfer, that's all."

"Oh," Yuuji beams, "is she coming back soon?! I don't think she got to talk to you before she left, did she?"

"No," a curious look dawns my face, "what did she want to talk to me about?"

Yuuji chuckles awkwardly. He scratches the back of his neck as he contemplates his next set of words. "Well, when we went to that retirement home last week, Sukuna kinda did come out and talk to her..."

Nanami and I exchange a worried look. Neither of them had told me about that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember being told explicitly that Sukuna did not come out, though Megumi told me he was a bit concerned. Guess the kid was right for once.