𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

After a few hours' rest, you escape your dorm in the middle of the night to walk to Gojo's office as per his request. You now stand in the hallway before his door about to knock, only hesitating because of the worry for the conversation that's about to ensue.

Hopefully, he isn't too mad about the whole Sukuna thing, you think as you knock gently on his door, doing your best to make sure you don't draw attention from anyone else who might be around.

When Gojo opens the door, his aura shocks you. You didn't realize it before, but he almost looks drained of life. To top things off, he has a pair of sunglasses on instead of his typical blindfold. In his eyes, which you see for the first time and almost faint at the sight of, you lose track of what you came here for.

Gojo smiles when he catches you staring and drop your guard. "Come in," he says politely as he steps to the side to allow you in.

You shake your head softly to pull yourself out of your trance. "Thanks," you say as you walk in.

As you walk across the room, you catch his blindfold spread carefully on the desk.

"So," you ask curiously as you slow down your pace, "why do you look like you haven't slept in days?"

He chuckles at how quickly your blunt comment was thrown at him. "You keep me up at night when I should be working on my real job."

You whip your body around to face him as the words drop from his mouth. For a second, you think that you misheard him until you see the smirk grow on his face.

"Right," you nod, "well I apologize for all of the trouble I've caused lately. I'll work on-"

"You don't need to apologize, Y/N," he cuts you off. "You're learning about what's going on with yourself so there's no reason to be sorry about it."

"What is going on with me?" you ask hoping that he's got an answer for you.

Gojo sits on his sofa and leans back, crossing one of his legs over the other. He then pats the seat beside himself, calling you to sit. You walk over with a frown on your face, worried from how serious he's looking right now.

"I need you to tell me everything. Start at the beginning and don't leave anything out," he says sternly.

"Before all this started, I was a part-time barista at a coffee shop," you sigh as you admit your past to him. Ever since your life was turned upside down, you never told anybody about your life before.

"Wow. I didn't take you for a barista, Y/N," Gojo lets out an honest laugh.

"Listen, it paid the bills. I was living paycheck to paycheck so that job kept me alive."

"I think it's cool!" Gojo teases, "You've gotta make me a coffee sometime! Isn't that what assistants are supposed to do anyway?"

"I don't think so," you reply a bit irritated.

He chuckles at your comment but quickly goes back to his serious tone as he changes the conversation. "What about your family?"

"I have none," you scoff. "You already know that. That Kyoto principal told me that it's part of my curse."

"True. I'm sorry, but I didn't want to assume anything. You could have had an adoptive family."

"I had an orphanage..."

"I see. And what about your time once your curse was awoken?" he thinks aloud, placing his thumb and forefinger onto his chin.

"I was quite literally caught by that piece of shit who brought me here," you groan. "Apparently I let out some of my cursed energy when he was trying to talk to me as I walking home and he started to chase me."