𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

The next time you wake up you hear the rushing of waves onto the shore. Opening your eyes, you're immediately blinding with the blaring white light of daytime. You're able to make out the shape of an umbrella above you and that you're stretched out in some kind of beach chair, but it isn't until you see black hair flow across your vision and a cool towel is placed over your eyes do you stop squinting.

"Lay down," a man's voice calmly calls out to you, "don't get all worked up."

At the sound of his voice, your eyes shoot open. You immediately throw off the damp towel and stare with wide eyes through the blinding light.

The man sighs at your disobedience as you spring up to sit up straight only a moment after he's told you not to. "You never listen," he sighs.

Now that your eyes are adjusting to the light, you can see him better. Beside you sits a tall man with partially tied up black hair, the rest of it hanging down over his shoulders. Without so much as a second thought, you fling your arms around him.

"Suguru," you sigh a breath of relief, "it's so good to see you. I'm so sorry it's been so long."

Geto Suguru; the man you were supposed to visit just before you were kidnapped. It was like a breath of fresh air to see your friend in the flesh again that not even for a moment did you begin to think of the implications that he's beside you right now.

He chuckles and rubs your back, perhaps happy to see you as well. When you pull away from him, he sees the easy grin spread smack across your face that only fades into a hint of confusion when you realize your surroundings.

"Hey, uh, what are we doing here?" you ask, still not questioning why he is there.

"Your father brought you here with Sukuna, do you not remember that?" he asks with absolutely no hint of concern in his voice. 

Perhaps it's this that tips you off, combined with your last memory before waking up on this beach. Your eyes widen as you look at him, absolutely awestruck and hoping that he's only kidding or at the very least that you misheard him. However, his eyes look dead serious.

"Why?" you finally ask, hoping he'll say something to prove you did mishear him.

"I am a curse user," he plainly states.

"No you're not," you scoff until his serious face burns the answer right into your brain. "You mean like that guy who captured me?"

Geto nods softly and you shake your head in complete disbelief. You're about to ask him something else, literally anything to get more answers, when instead a man with blue hair approaches you.

The blue-haired male holds his hand out to you and smiles. "Hi, Y/N," he beams brightly. "My name is Mahito. It's very nice to meet you, I've heard so many things!"

You only stare at him, his patchwork face and body, as well as his heterochromatic eyes, refusing to shake his hand. Slowly he withdraws, looking a bit upset before starting to pout.

"Suguru," you say hesitantly as you look back to your friend, "what's going on?"

Geto opens his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by someone else this time. The two of you look past Mahito and see Gendo approaching alongside Sukuna and two others, one who you recognize as Choso.

"We need your help," Gendo calls.

"For what?! I don't intend on helping you..." you say before trailing off as Geto softly places your hands in his. 

"We plan to exterminate all of the humans," he says quite plainly for someone with that big a plan.

Just then, a cursed spirit with a single eye speaks up. "And to do that, we need to get rid of all the Jujutsu sorcerers."

With wide eyes, you ask a foolish question. "Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Mahito chuckles, "but I guess you wouldn't quite understand since you're half-human..." He then sits down beside you on your beach chair. "Haven't you ever been looked down upon because of your curse? Treated like a toy for others to show off?"

Sukuna scoffs at the way Mahito speaks gently to you. "She spends all her free time with that white-haired bastard that she no longer knows how to think for herself."

You send a glare Sukuna's way as though he's just exposed your deepest secret.

"Is that true?" Geto asks, this time with an actual bit of interest. "I used to know a few sorcerers a while back but I don't think I fit in there anymore."

"That's not true," you retaliate, "the sorcerers are good people! At least, most of them are..."

"They don't understand," Mahito groans. "As for our group, we all want the same thing; to get rid of the humans."

"Speak for yourself," Sukuna yawns, "I'm happy as long as I get rid of that white-haired freak!"

"You'll get your chance," Geto calms him.

Mahito taps your arm and smiles widely once he's got your attention. "So?" he asks, "What do you think?!"

Unsure of what, or anything, to say, you simply shake your head in disbelief.

"You can think about it then, dear," Gendo interrupts. "Come on, I'll bring you somewhere you can stay."

You watch in distaste as he steps towards you and holds out his hand. You have half a mind to punch him square in the face until Geto calls your name.

"It's okay, I promise."

And with that, you give in. Something about Geto has always made you surrender so easily. With a sigh you stand up, but refuse your so-called father's hand.

"Good," he nods. "Thank you, Geto. Come along now, Y/N, there's something we need to speak about."