Chapter 31 : It's dark in here

Hueningkai's eyes were puffy, the tip of his nose is read as Soobin holds his arm, eyes staring at Beomgyu's red ones. Beomgyu's eyes trail to the brunettte's bleeding arm. His eyes shoot wide, looking at Hueningkai and Soobin back and forth. Worries cross his face as bilions of questions playing in his head trying to find the reason why Soobin's arm was bleeding.

Soobin reach his hand out trying to say something, only to stumbles forward as Hueningkai catch him in his arms, before carrying the older in bridal style. The youngest among the two looks at Beomgyu, his eyes glistening in tears.

"Help"

He mumbled, hanging his head low. Beomgyu stood there, frozen. He doesn't know what to do.

"Hyung? Who's there?"

A familiar voice greeted. Beomgyu turns around as Hueningkai raises his head. Taehyun looks confused. Hueningkai clearly saw some purple marks on Taehyun's exposed neck, his silver hair messy and disheveled, as his oversized shirt hanging low from his shoulder, revealing his neck and collarbone. He wanted to question the purple marks on Taehyun's neck and collarbone but he couldn't. Not now.

"Hyuka? What happened?"

The silvernette asked, as his eyes caught that Hueningkai was crying and Soobin's arm was bleeding. Taehyun runs towards the blondenette who was holding Soobin for his dear life.

"Tae.."

The silver hair male invited the two into the living room forgetting Beomgyu who is still frozen on his feet. A trail of jealousy could be seen through his red eyes as his heart is clenching in his chest. His knuckles turning white, as he clenched his fists tighter. Turning around, his gaze caught up with Hueningkai who is slowly placing Soobin down on the couch. He walks, approaching the two, while Taehyun runs to the kitchen.

"What happened, Kai?"

He asked. Soobin's eyes were half closed, mouth slightly apart as his breath is shallow. Hueningkai didn't say anything, as he kneel down in front of the sofa, eyes not taking off Soobin. Not even for one second.

"Kai?"

He called. Still, no answer. Taehyun runs back to the living room with a first aid kit in his hands, along with some clean cloths. Handing them to Hueningkai, the blondenette muttered a small 'thank you'. Beomgyu stayed quiet, as he watches the two interact. Why does Hueningkai only talk to Taehyun, not him? How childlish must he be, hating Beomgyu to the core that he ignores the older too?

"Can you tell me, what happened?"

Taehyun crouches down, beside Hueningkai who was rolling Soobin's sleeve up, dabbing softly on the brunette's bleeding wound, while sniffing. Then he proceeds to apply soem ointment before wrapping the latter's arm with a bandage.

"I don't know"

He answered between his broken cries. Taehyun glance at Beomgyu a bit, exchanging looks with each other before focusing back on Hueningkai, comforting the blondenette by caressing his back gently.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

Hueningkai stares at his bloody hands. It wasn't his blood, it was Soobin's. His vision was blurry because his eyesare full with tears, that also falling nonstop on his cheeks. He sniffs.

"We got into a small fight, and I left the room to get some fresh air outside but when I got back, I saw him laying on the floor, arm bleeding, and our room was a mess"

The blondenette explained. Beomgyu crouches down as well, looking at Hueningkai.

"Was anybody there?"

He asked. The younger shakes his head, hanging his head low, as his slender fingers playing with the hem of his shirt. Beomgyu looks at Taehyun, as Taehyun does the same.

"Could it be, a vampire?"

Taehyun asked.

"Maybe, but why? Why would a vampire attacked Soobin, in broad daylight?"

Beomgyu replied.

"The question is, why me?"

They all turn their head to Soobin who is slowly getting up from laying on the sofa to a sitting position with Hueningkai's help. He hisses in pain, feeling the sharp sting in his wounded arm.

He exchange looks with his friends before Hueningkai engulfs him into a warm hug.

"Hyung!"

Soobin winces, before chuckling, patting the blondenette's back.

"There there, don't cry, my gum~"

The younger broke the hug, wiping his tears away, as his mouth forms into a pout.

"I'm not crying"

He denied. Soobin cooes, pinching the younger's cheek. Just then someone fake cough, ruining their little moment. Both males turn their head to Taehyun.

"Anyways, back to the main point, what did you saw, hyung?"

Soobin hesitantly open his mouth before shutting them again. Beomgyu tilts his head, something's not quite right. If not, then why would Soobin hesitates to answer and glance at him a few times?

"Hyung?"

Taehyun called. Soobin shakes his head and biting his lips, not wanting to answer Taehyun's question. It all seems suspicious. Why would Soobin be secretive all of a sudden?

"Hyung, what did you saw?"

Beomgyu holds Soobin's shoulder, eyes looking straight into the older, piercing through the brunette's soul. Soobin looks at Beomgyu, tears spilling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry"

Was all he could muttered as he couldn't bear the guilt in his chest.

"I sawㅡ"

Then they heard someone's footsteps marching towards them from behind. They all turn their heads around as Soobin's breath hitches when his eyes fell on the familiar scarlet hair male in front of them.

"Yeonjun hyung?"

Beomgyu called, his eyes went wide as soon as he saw the gun in Yeonjun's hand.

"Hyung?! Are you alright?!"

He asked again, when he realised that Yeonjun was covered in blood, he older didn't answer, instead he hung his head low as his hand clutching hard on the gun he has. Soobin trembles as he scoots closer to Hueningkai. Taehyun stayed silent, staring at the scarlet hair vampire. As Yeonjun looks up, the moment of truth came out. He was crying, and he raises his hand thay was holding the gun.

"I'm sorry"

And a loud bang could be heard along with the other boys screaming.