Chapter 34 : You are the other me

Ever heard of the saying that goes by ; till death tear us apart? In every clichè love stories, those are the words that keep being mention in a chapter where the main two characters are getting married, or when they are on the verge of dying together. For all of us, that is a beautiful saying. A wise one, indeed.

Every love stories has their own endings. Wether a happy one, a sad one or the one that left hanging.

Soobin had fallen in love. The only person he really fell in love deeply with was Hueningkai. He had shared half of his life with the younger. They've shed tears for each other, they've shared happiness together. In everything that they do were all memories. Soobin is Hueningkai's soulmate. And Hueningkai is Soobin's soulmate. Being each other yellow, Hueningkai had swore to love and protect his beloved hyung.

And now?

He had accomplished his promise. He should be happy. Right?

But what if he's the only one that happy because he can accomplish his promise to his hyung and Soobin does not?

People say our world is made of gray color, and only some people could see the silver in it. For Soobin, the latter had never realise the existence of the color silver in his gray world. Not until Hueningkai came along. The younger lighten up all his days he had spent in dorm, or in the university.

Hueningkai is slowly dying, and the only thing he could hear is Beomgyu's muffled screaming on the other side of the door, kicking it hardly. The doorknob eventually broke and fell on the ground, rolling. As soon as the door wide opened, Soobin immediately catches Hueningkai in his arms as Beomgyu runs towards his brother, punching the older before tossing the gun far away from him.

Taehyun witnesses the scene, as he slowly slumping to the ground. His bestfriend is slowly dying in front of his eyes, while the love of his life is punching Yeonjun and yelling like a madman.

"I TRUSTED YOU!! I TRUSTED YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!!"

Beomgyu repeated, gifting Yeonjun unstoppable punches. The older didn't punch back nor react. He feels like he deserves it. Hueningkai did nothing wrong and yet, he killed him. No. Someone else killed him using Yeonjun as their puppet.

While Soobin is weeping his eyes out, holding Hueningkai in his arms as the younger's head is placed on his lap.

"Noㅡ Hueningkaiㅡ Please, stay"

He begged, as blood nonstop oozing out from the younger's mouth while he's coughing. The blondenette glance at his boyfriend, giving him the softest sweetest smile ever as the blood are stained on his teeth.

"Hyㅡung"

He called, weakly.

"Please, stay. I can't lose you! No, not like this!"

Soobin blabbered, as one of his hand putting pressure on the younger's chest that had been shot. His clean palm is now stained with Hueningkai's dark crimson blood.

"Hyungㅡlook atㅡme"

The younger holds and turns Soobin's head facing him. The older's once smiley face had completely gone and was replaced with cries. The tip of his nose is red, cheeks puffy, as he's hiccuping and voice breaking upon Hueningkai's dying.

"I love you"

"Please, Huening, not now. Please"

Soobin replied, holding Hueningkai's hand that was caressing his cheeks. His tears dropped like rainfalls on the younger's face. Taehyun ran to his side and put some pressure on the blondenette's chest, cheeks wet, the corner of his eyes stained with tears.

"I know I'm the most imperfect person in this world, please, just stay for me, gum! I would eat mint chocolate for you, I would buy you moee plushies, I would let you give me more belly rubs! Iㅡ I would buy you snacks, I would play games with you, I would do anything! Just please!! Stay!! Stay with me!!"

Soobin literally begged. But, Hueningkai shakes his head weakly. He knew he can't. He wanted to stay, but, his time had come to stop.

"I love you, gum"

Hueningkai repeated. He really do. He meant it. Those words are for Soobin only.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!"

There, Soobin could see the color in his lover's eyes slowly fading out. The same eyes that have been looking at him for years now, have completely lost their colors. Taehyun froze. His doe-eyes went wide as his breath hitches. Slowly putting his hands away, he place his index finger under Hueningkai's nose. Hesitantly, he retracted his hand away.

"He's gone, hyung"

He added, voice almost cannot be heard.

"HUENINGKAI!! NO!!"

Memories of Hueningkai and him together replaying in Soobin's mind.

A moment where Hueningkai let out his dolphin screech when Soobin bought him a molang plushie.

Another moment is where Hueningkai would rub his belly when he's out of energy as the reason, 'to recharge his energy'.

And another, where Hueningkai would steal his ice cream and ran away.

And another one memory, where they shared their first kiss under the first snow of the year, in Namsan.

And another.

And another.

It couldn't be stop.

Soobin wail his eyes out as he hugs the younger's lifeless body, letting out his cries harder than ever to the edge where his throat his hurting. Taehyun could only stay frozen, eyes not taking off his deceased bestfriend.

No more Hueningkai.

His dolphin screech, his intoxicating laugh, his childlish behaviour, his little giggles, his kitten like behaviour, his smiley eyes, all that Hueningkai does would never be seen again. There's only one Hueningkai in this world. And he belonged to Soobin. But now, he is with the angels, looking at them from above.

However, the blondenette's soul hasn't left. His soul is currently standing beside Soobin and Taehyun who is crying their eyes out in front of his dead body.

A shinning halo could be seen above his head. Smiling, he hugs his bestfriend.

"I'll miss you, Tae"

He said, hoping the silvernette could hear him. Turning around, he wraps his arms around Soobin, hoping the warmth could be transfer to the older.

"Always know that, I would always love you, Soobin hyung. If you miss me, just call my name when looking at the stars and I will visit you in your dreams"

He whispered in Soobin's ears. But those words could be hear by only him. Sad, isn't it? Tightening his arms around the older, tears spill from his eyes.

"Gum, I love you so much"

The both said in unison.