Chapter One | Arrival

You know when you hold off a project until the last minute, then your rushing to get it done the night before, or even the morning of?

Well, that seemed to be what Langa did.

Barrelling down the street towards Dope Sketch, he nearly crashed into at least three people, speaking the famous Canadian language.

"Sorry!" Langa yelled once more.

He arrived at Dope Sketch, nearly zooming right passed it, had it not been for his quick reflexes he gained while competing at "S".

Stumbling into the store, he startled both Reki and Oka in the process.

"Langa? You're here a bit earlier than you normally are." Oka noticed. "Reki was planning on picking you up."

Langa gripped his friend's shoulders, still panting from the rambunctious way he charged down the street. He was sure he had an egg sandwich in his mouth when he left the house, but he seemed to have lost it on the journey here.

"Reki... my sister's coming to Japan tonight."

Silence fell upon the nearly empty store until Reki shook Langa by the shoulders. "You have a sister?!" It seemed to be quite bewitching to that young red haired boy. Well, not too young anymore, but he was still a child at heart, which is always a nice thing.

"Yeah, I do."

"And you never told me?"

Langa looked to his left. "You never asked... and it never really came up in a conversation."

"But I asked you if you get harassed or embarrassed at your house, didn't I?"

Oka chuckled, putting away the final skateboard to stock the shelves. "Well, Reki, sometimes that doesn't translate to 'Do you have any siblings?' for everyone."

"Anyways, Langa, why do you need my help for that kind of thing? Isn't she just.. you know, your sister?"

Langa stared for a minute, then motioned for Reki to come closer, bringing out his phone.

"Y/N Hasegawa...?" Reki read in the search bar. "So that's your sister's name?"

The moment Langa pressed search, Reki seemed to realize why he was having a bit of trouble. "Damn, your sister's a singer?!"

"That's right. She was recruited by a management and a few vocal coaches when my mom posted a video of her singing on the internet when she was ten. And then.. you know, it went on from there. See, this is her."

He clicked on a video from about a year ago, and while your singing was in English, both Langa and Oka couldn't help but sway to the beat. "So is that why she didn't come to Japan with you?"

"Yep. But she's finally entering high school this year, so she was scouted out by a new management here in Japan."

"Wait, entering high school?" Reki questioned. "Miya's entering high school this year as well! Are you saying they're the same age? If they are, then maybe Miya could meet them!"

Langa paused for a moment. His sister was a generally friendly person, but how well would she get along with Miya? But on the other hand, she doesn't really make friends that are her age, so this would be a nice experience.

"Hello? Earth to Langa?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that." Langa nodded. "That would be a good idea... Y/N doesn't really make friends with people her age, so Miya would be a good turn around. But I feel like we should just invite everybody if we're going to invite Miya."

"Alright, then!"

That evening, they all met up where "S" used to be, and they had to admit, Langa was... different.

"Would you chill?" Miya said, not even looking up from his switch. He was more or less dragged here, since he really wasn't in the mood for hanging out with these slimes again. And by that, it really meant that he didn't want to pay for data.

Piling up in Shadow's car, he drove to the airport Langa told him about.

"So, does you sister speak Japanese?" Cherry asked. "Or will we have to look to you for translation?"

"She's not as fluent as my mom and I, but she can manage. Besides, she can't really perform if half of her audience can't understand her."

Reki put his hand on Langa's shoulder, sparkles in his eyes. "She's going to be performing here?"

"Well, yeah. That's her job... singing's a job here, right?"

"Don't be ridiculous, of course it is." Cherry said. "Calm down, Kaoru, it was just a question."

"Yeah, and I answered it."

"Rather coldly."

"Why you-!"

And the bickering began. It was something they were all used to, even Joe and Cherry, but it sure didn't make it seem any more normal. Two grown men fighting as often as childish siblings, but being quite mature with everyone else.

"We're here." Shadow twisted the keys on his car, the engine stopping. "Langa, the back will be enough space for her luggage, right?"

"Yeah, she's just a fourteen year old girl, not a whole family."

Reki looked around. "Your mom should be here, right?" Langa nodded. "She's already inside. She came here a little earlier than we did."

They went through the doors, making their way to your gate. "Look, there's my mom." Langa pointed out.

He sat next to her, while the others sat on the chairs right behind. Langa's sister was supposed to arrived around 7:00, and it was 6:45, so they had about 15 minutes.

"Oh, looks like her vocal coach called." Langa's mom noticed, pulling out her phone. *Hello? Yes, this is her mother, I'm waiting at the gate. You said it was a private jet, right? Alright, good. Okay, I'll be waiting there. Goodbye!*

"Langa, stay here with your friends. I'll go pick up your sister."

Reki leaned over the seats. "What did your mom say to the vocal coach?"

"My sister's here now. They just need a trusted adult to come pick her up."

Not long after, Langa's mom came with a girl holding onto her hand, her hair in a braid and her eyes hidden behind sunglasses.

She noticed Langa in the distance and began running towards him, to which Langa stood up and held his arms out. *Langa!* She jumped up and hugged him.

*Why do you have sunglasses on in the evening?*

*Well, it was morning back in Canada.* She paused and looked behind him. *Are these your friends?*

They all looked up from their phones or books, seeing her somewhat hidden behind Langa. "Oh, is that your sister?" Reki asked.

She smiled and walked up to them.

"My name is Y/N Hasegawa. Nice to meet you!"