Chapter Twenty Six | Happiness

"This is unbelievable!"

Kaya and Nora looked at each other and ran into the studio to see what was wrong. You were pacing around the room with an oversized sweater, shorts, and your hair loosely tied, typing away at your phone.

"Y/N..? What happened?"

"My mom fired Shou." You turned off your phone and tossed it on your couch. "Kotaro isn't back yet and I kind of need a manager. But, every time I try to contact him, some lady answers and says he's busy and hangs up."

Kaya tilted her head, putting down her duffel bag next to the door. "Did she say who she was?"

"No, and that's what's unbelievable! She answers, says he's busy, doesn't elaborate, and hangs up!" You began frustrating muttering in english under your breath, turning on your phone again.

Nora and Kaya looked at each other once again and Nora sighed as she put down her backpack. "So, no practice today?"

"No, because no shows have been booked!"

You rubbed your temple and walked into your changing room shutting the door behind you.

Kaya pursed her lips, biting on her nails out of nervousness. "Stop that, you'll ruin your nails." Nora scolded, holding Kaya's hand so she would stop. "Has she tried hiring a new manager?"

"Can you have a temporary manager...?"

"Shou was temporary, wasn't he?"

Nora shrugged. "Or he was just trying to take over Kotaro's job. This is a pretty loose group. If we don't want to practice, we won't, and if Kotaro wants to go somewhere without us, he will. It's not like a lot of other agencies."

"I get that, but it's obviously a different case with... you know, the actual idol." Kaya motioned towards the closed door of the changing room and Nora got the general hint, letting out another sigh. "Let's just figure it out as we go."

Kaya let go of Nora's hand and knocked on the door. "Y/N, Yu said that him and the others will be waiting at the mall when practice is finished. Do you just want to go now?"

The door immediately opened, slamming against the wall. "Sure, let's go."

•••

"Thanks, Luc!" Kaya said, waving to her brother as his car drove off. "They said they'd meet us on the second floor food court. Let's go!"

The three of you walked through the mall, getting occasional stares from fans. Of course, you had to look as energetic as you could so you didn't look weird in paparazzi photos.

"Y/N! Kaya! Nora!"

"Hina!" Like normal, Kaya ran over and jumped into Hina's arms as if she were her big sister. "I hope you didn't wait long."

"It's not a problem. After hearing of your predicament, I doubt that a mall visit would be on your list of priorities. Right Shindo?"

He nodded, his eyes still on his phone. "Yu and Eiji haven't arrive. Miya went to get you food."

Your face suddenly felt hot. "He went to get food for us? He didn't have to." You searched through your bag. "Hold on, where is he?"

"Uh, Matsuya, over there."

You saw Miya standing in line and looked back at Kaya and Nora. "I'll be right back." And you ran over.

Kaya smiled, putting her elbow on the table with a sigh. "Ah, young love." Nora looked down. "Aren't you the same freaking age?"