Chapter Sixty Eight | Chorus

"Y/N!" Kaya tackled you into a hug as she always does and you smiled, holding the arms she wrapped around your shoulders. "Hey Kaya."

"That trial was pretty quick." Shindo observed as he left the court house, peering at his phone.

Hina snatched it from his hands and turned it off before placing it in her purse. "Refrain from occupying yourself with work, mon cher, you will catch another stress fever."

"That was years ago, Hina."

"It still occurred and I will continue to avoid it."

You chuckled, now holding onto Miya's arm. He was the only one who could feel you trembling despite your bright expression. You were oddly good at hiding things from people, he knew that now.

No one commented on it like they normally would.

"We should do something that teenagers do in America." Kaya said, swinging her and Nora's arms, which were connected by their intertwined fingers. "Yu should be getting his driver's license soon, so we should go on a joyride in the country."

"'A joyride in the country'? That sounds like an indie music video." Eiji smiled at the setting sun. "We should do that."

Miya felt your trembling cease at the sound of the word music and you lit up; truly lit up. "That sounds so much fun! Yu, hurry up and get your license."

"I'm getting it next week, geez!"

Kaya and Nora shared a giggle. "Even if you fail, you look old enough for no one to bat an eye."

"Kaya, we're not breaking the law." Nora lifted Kaya's hand to her face and kissed her knuckle. "Not with Yu at the wheel anyway."

You smiled. "Or, you know, your brother with a driver's license can drive us. We could stop by the lake a few kilometres north and he'd come pick us up in the morning."

"Camping!" Hina suddenly exclaimed, causing all heads to turn to her. "Um... Apologies," She glanced at a white car with darkened windows parked on the side of the road. "I am unsure of what came over me. I have never been camping, so it cause an abnormal reaction."

Yu put his arm around Hina's shoulders with a playful grin. "Quite the 'abnormal reaction' there, Hina! It was kinda cute."

"Don't be absurd."

"Absurd or not, it's the truth."

"Excuse me!"

The eight of you stopped and turned, seeing Alyssa running after you with the best of her ability, seeing as she was wearing two inch heels and wearing a suffocating dark blue suit.

"Y/N and... uh..."

"Miya."

"Miya." She smiled, a broken smile that one normally does after a funeral or after crying.

Your brows raised. "Alyssa...! So you are here in Japan." You stopped holding Miya's arm and now tightly gripped his hand. "What's going on?"

"I wanted to say that I'm really sorry about... everything."

You looked down, squeezing Miya's hand even tighter, but he tried not to react at all. "Ah... yeah, it's fine. It's not your fault," You added quietly, "or June's."

"Really. I'm sorry. She'll be seeing a psychiatrist."

"In Canada?"

"No, the police and the current psychiatrist she has want to keep an eye on her and it would be difficult with the Pacific Ocean between us."