Chapter Fifty Nine | Broken Bonds

Miya stared at your front door, the bouquet of flowers in his hand, fairly certain that this was a set up by Nora. Of course, even thought he knew, why on earth would he defy Nora?

Might as well punch The Rock in the face while he's at it.

He knocked on the door and he heard footsteps rushing towards it.

The door opened and you nearly bumped into him, thinking it was a package and beginning to bend down before you noticed Miya standing there.

"O-Oh, Miya! I didn't- Sorry, I thought it was a package."

"Yeah, no. You seemed excited for it too."

"It asked Kotaro to empty my PO box and send me the fan mail that I've been holding off."

"Isn't that going to be... a lot?"

"Yeah, but I've been bored." You tilted your head. "What do you need? It's not often that you'd suddenly appear at my house. You do remember that Langa moved out, right?"

Miya scoffed. "Of course I do. Nora wanted me to drop this off." He held out the bouquet of flowers in front of you.

You stared down at the flowers and tears began to fill your eyes.

"Wait- What's the matter? Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine." You sniffed and wiped your eyes. "Sorry. Thank you for dropping it off."

Before Miya could ask anything more, you took the bouquet from his hands and bowed your head. "Thank you. Sorry for having this interrupt your practice."

"Uh... No problem?"

"Goodbye."

"Bye..." The door was shut on him and he heard your retreating footsteps behind. "Alright then." He turned and began to step down until he saw someone speed-walking towards your front door.

He was startled to the side and he shook his head. Honestly, when did package deliveries turn so aggressive? And he walked off, not turning to see what the person had dropped off at your door.

Inside, you sat at the couch, gently lifting the petals of each flower in the bouquet.

*Y/N, are you— What's that? A bouquet?* Your mom took a seat next to you. *Who's that from?*

*Um, Miya dropped it off for Nora.*

Her brows furrowed. *I thought the one at the door was the one from Nora?*

You failed to hide your perplexed expression and gently placed the bouquet Miya dropped off on the coffee table. When you got to the foyer, you saw the bouquet on the table.

It was the same as the one that Nora gives you every year.

And it was the same as the one that Jakes used to give you.

You tried finding a label or tag on the bouquet but to no avail.

Nora began to give you a bouquet every year on the anniversary of Jake's death to make you feel better — the fan mail you requested was meant to do something similar. The only people who could possibly know of this were Kaya, Nora, and your mom.

You picked up your phone and pressed Kaya contact, holding it between your ear and your shoulder as you continued to search for a tag or even a return address.

"Hello? Hey Kaya. Did you send me a bouquet of flowers?"

"Flowers? No, I didn't. Why?"

"Oh... Nothing. Maybe Nora accidentally sent two."