Chapter Forty Nine | Human

"You dry now?"

"Um, yeah, for the most part." When you turned, Miya was right there, a few inches from your face. You recoiled, bumping into the washroom sink. "W-Why are you so close?"

"You look different."

"What do you mean?"

He gently poked right underneath your eyes. "I can see your eye bags..." Then he placed his palm on your cheek. "And your skin tone is slightly different..." He traced his finger over your jawline. "And your jawline is less defined."

"W-Well, I need to put on makeup for—"

"You're pretty."

You stopped, placing your hand over his and slowly pulling it off your face. "Huh?"

"You're pretty. Really pretty." He took his hand from your grasp and gently punched your cheek. "You're also really good at putting on makeup. You look good with or without it."

"Is that so..."

"It is." He scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, that came out of no where."

You laughed a bit, hiding your smile with your towel. "You're becoming like Yu, Miya."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

It was a short lived banter since even Miya knew that a part of him actually looks up to Yu. A guy with confidence to show off and knows how to word things and can flirt without looking like an asshole.

You poked your head out the door. "Hina, can I borrow makeup?"

"Of course. May I have your towel?"

You handed her the towel and then Miya soon came out the door. "You can't know the secrets of shapeshifting if you don't plan on upholding it."

"What are you even talking about?"

You grinned before shutting the door.

Kaya threw a sweater at Miya. "This is yours, right? I like the cat ears."

"Oh shut up."

Nora looked away from her phone. "Miya, do you think you'd look nice with a buzz cut?"

"Um, I'll go see what Yu's doing." Miya muttered as he dragged his feet away from the washroom door. He didn't really want to leave but it'd be kind of creepy to be lingering outside a door when a girl is trying to get privacy.

However, when he went to where Yu was, he was met with what he assumed was the same thing you were doing.

"Are you... putting on makeup?"

"It's called skincare."

"Right. Are those bunny ears?"

"It's to keep my hair out of my face."

Miya blinked a few times before signing and sitting on the edge of the bathtub. "Whatever. Where's Eiji and Shindo?"

"Exploring the libraries. Shindo's just with him to guide him around."

"While you're here doing your skincare routine."

"Eh, I was never all that into books. Besides, I don't know the way around Hina's house. Ei said he'd find me a book that he thinks I'll like. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Where's your lover and the other half of the rich pair?"

Miya scoffed. "Very funny. They're with Kaya and Nora. I don't know why girls always need to go to washrooms together all the time."