Chapter Fifty Three | Stalker

The phone rang and Miya clicked his tongue as he picked up the phone. "It is 7:00am on a Saturday, you-"

"This is Miya Chinen?"

He paused. "Yes...?"

"This is the Tokyo Police, Itsuki Yagi. You're one of the kids that sent a phone of a supposed stalker to the police, yes?"

"Yes... I am."

"Could you come down to the station? Your friends are already here."

"Yeah, sure." He heard the officer hang up and he changed out of his clothes. "Mom, can you drive me somewhere?"

"Of course, where to?"

"The police station?"

The knife, previously swiftly chopping at a cucumber, came to a halt. She looked away from the food she was preparing. "Where- Why are you going to the police station?"

"It's about a stalker."

"A stalker?!" She walked around the counter and placed her hands on either side of his face. "Dear, don't tell me..."

He swatted her hands away. "No! Not me. I'm talking about Y/N."

She lets out a sigh, partially relieved and partially distressed. "Her again? The poor thing. Has she ever contemplated security guards?"

Miya thought for a moment. You had pretended that Cherry and Joe were your bodyguards once. However, with Kaya and Nora almost always with you - both with skills in martial arts - he didn't think you needed any professional ones.

"Probably not. So can you drive me?"

"Y-Yes, I can."

•••

The police station doors swung open and Miya saw the others seated in the waiting room.

"Miya!" Yu perked up, causing everyone else to look away from their phones or books. "You're kind of late."

"Not my fault I was called last." And live the furthest.

You looked away from him, hugging your stomach like you always do when you're nervous or uncomfortable. Or insecure. The camera was in your dressing room, after all.

Kaya placed her hand on your knee, making circular motions as means of comfort to say that you weren't alone. You stared at her hands for a moment before intertwining your two hands together, your two bracelets pressing together.

Nora, on the other side of Kaya, leaned on her shoulder with a frown.

"Everyone's here?" An officer asked as they arrived.

"Yes." Shindo closed his book with a loud clap. "What is it that you would like to show us?"

The officer motioned for the teenagers to follow, each reluctantly leaving their seats, although intertwined fingers and arms held in comfort were not separated.

Miya stared at the tiled floor, adopting your habit as he wrapped his arms around himself, tightly gripping his sweater's sleeves.

Yu notices, flicking at Miya's ear.

"Ow- Hey!"

"Don't look so nervous. Especially not in a place like this." Yu displayed his usual playful grin.