Chapter Thirteen | Amusement Park

You quietly hummed as you swung your legs in the back of Shadow's car.

"What song are you humming?" Joe asked.

"Oh, it hasn't been released yet... and it doesn't have lyrics... or a title. I'm just thinking up a tune."

"Ah, I see."

Your face flushed and you slouched in your chair. "Anyways, which amusement park are we going to?" Miya pulled out his phone and showed you a picture. "It opened this summer but we never got the chance to go."

"Oh, that looks like Canada's Wonderland!"

Reki's eyes lit up. "That sounds so cool! How come you've never told me about it, Langa?"

"I didn't think it was something you wanted to hear about."

You giggled and leaned over to Miya. "Do they always act like this?" He sighed and nodded, leaning over to you and replying, "They don't even realize they look like a sitcom couple sometimes."

"Alright, we're here." Joe said as Shadow pulled over.

"And that's the father." You said and Miya laughed, Reki and Langa looking back at the two of you. "What is it that she says to make him laugh like that?"

Once everyone was out of the car, Cherry looked at his phone and sighed. "Alright, so it's either we can split up and meet up at lunch or we can all go together, although some rides are age, weight, and height restricted."

Miya leaned over to you. "Yeah, he's staring at Kojiro's muscles." "Agreed."

"Well, Langa and I were planning on going on that." Reki pointed to one of the really high rollercoasters and you whispered to Miya. "I couldn't get Langa to go on the Vortex at Wonderland but Reki can get him to go on that?"

"Alright, but..." Shadow looked around. "Where am I going?"

"You're on babysitting duty." Cherry motioned to you and Miya. "They may be 14, but we don't want a complaint from their parents saying that they got hurt under our care."

You and Miya snapped your heads to Cherry. "What?!"

"You heard me."

Miya crossed his arms. "Fine. Come on." He took your hand and began walking away, the group separating.

Shadow was honestly looking like a tag along next to the two of you. He definitely didn't look like your dad, that's for sure. The three of you gained a lot of odd looks, and for once it wasn't because of you.

"Ooh, let's try that!" You said, grabbing Miya's hand and running towards a rollercoaster. "Are we talk enough for that?"

"Yeah, we'll be fine! There's no height limit!"

The two of you got in line while Shadow waited at the entrance. "It looks a lot higher when you're up close." You noticed, tilting your head back and looking up.

Eventually, the two of you got to the front of the line and were seated and strapped in.

"Is this a good idea?" Miya questioned, looking down at his dangling legs. You stared for a moment. "You're not scared of heights, are you?"

"N-No, I'm just saying!"

"Soaring through the sky on his skateboard and he couldn't care less, but when he's strapped into a rollercoaster, he's shaking in his boots."

"H-Hey, what are you—"

Before he could finish, the rollercoaster sped forward and he shut his mouth, using everything in his power to not scream.