Chapter Thirty | Friends

The girls' dresses if you want to see them ^^

Once the two of you got off stage, it wasn't a surprise that you really couldn't dance together.

"Y/N, could you come dance with me?"

"Sure!"

"What about me?"

"I can dance with you after."

Miya walked back to the small friend group, with Kaya looking like a soda pop bottle about to explode, shaking rapidly with her hands over her mouth.

"...You look like a ticking time bomb."

"OH MY GOD!!"

"There it is."

She gripped Miya's shoulders and began bouncing up and down. "You didn't tell me?! Why didn't you tell me?! I thought we were best friends!!"

"Alright, Kaya." Nora pulled Kaya back and off of Miya. "But we really weren't expecting you to be actually singing. We thought you'd be... I don't know, in front of a speaker or something."

Yu hummed. "Yeah, that's a good deduction. But I got one of my friends in the band to give Miya his part. He was glad to do it since he's a total Simp."

"I can see that." Hina giggled a bit and intertwined her fingers with Shindo. "You've never gone to such lengths for me."

"W-Wait, did you want me to?" He questioned.

"No, of course not, I jest."

Miya scratched the back of his head. "Yu gave me the idea."

"I can tell." Kaya grinned. "My shipping senses were tingling." She looked over at you. You were trying to teach a guy how to dance, guiding his feet while his face seemed to burn. "Too bad you can't dance with her now."

"She's famous. It's some sort of slime-positivity to think that she'll have time to dance with me."

Yu smirked a bit, his arm going around Eiji. "You have some admirers of your own there, skater boy."

He turned and saw a few girls waiting there, each hiding behind each other. With an eye roll, he adjusted his suit. "Might as well."

You looked away from the person that you were dancing with and saw Miya with one of the girls from your math class. "Ow!" The guy dancing with you looked down. "You just stepped on my foot!"

"S-Sorry.."

"It's fine. But you were dancing fine a minute ago. Are you okay?"

You nodded, still seeing Miya dancing with someone else from the side of your eye.

The night dragged on, still never getting the chance to dance with Miya. It was frustrating, especially knowing that it probably would've been easy to get a dance with him if you weren't a singer.

"Y/N!" Kaya grabbed your hand the moment you finished your fifth dance of the night.

You were quickly pulled through the crowd and out the gym doors, where the others were waiting, including Miya. "God, I thought that'd never end." Miya groaned, rubbing his shoulders.

"What happened?"

"One of those girls had really long acrylic nails..."

Kaya grinned. "Your fault for accepting the dance!" She sang. "Anyways, let's head to the roof! Nobody goes there during the dance."

While all of you headed to the roof, you and Miya shared a meaningful eye lock, the type that "a married couple would share at the alter," according to Kaya.