Chapter Forty Six | Never Fall in Love

Trigger Warnings: Death of a loved one, disease

Miya sat in one of the many guest rooms located in Hina's house. The bed was far too large for him, with at least three feet of space on either side of him and five feet of room from his feet to the end of the bed.

He sighed and tossed his switch to the side, rubbing his eyes so he adjusts from the strobing lights to the dim lamp to his left.

The bed began to sink near the end, the sheets forming folds and wrinkles in the satin blanket laid over the mattress.

He bent his legs, his fear of the monster under the bed suddenly resurfacing as the bed sheets continued to be pulled. Then, a small cat popped its head up.

"Kitsi!" The cat hopped up at the sound of its name and settled in Miya's lap.

Are cats allowed on the bed?

He stared down at the white cat nestled on his knees and sighed. "I can get in trouble for you."

A quiet ping sounded through the room and he glanced at the side table. His phone was on, a message displayed in the notification centre.

He picked reached over and read it.

Y/N L/N
R u still up?

Kitsi nudged her nose on the bottom of his phone, knocking it out of his hand. Then she grabbed it in her teeth and began to run.

"Hey!" He threw off the covers and paused, staring at the floor. The white floor. "Camouflage, huh?"

He slipped into the slippers that Hina gave him and began running after the thief of his phone.

Surprisingly, there were still servants walking around. They paid no mind to the teenager running through the halls and continued with their duties. Perhaps they didn't even notice the cat that Miya was chasing after.

He noticed one of the large swinging doors open and he ran in.

It was the library.

The lights were off except for a candelabra in the centre of the table, only two of the three candles lit. A large grandfather clock was the only thing that made noise.

He stepped forward, hearing Kitsi' squirt purrs in the darkness. There was a huge chandelier but he couldn't figure out what turned it on.

Kitsi appeared in the circle of light the candles created and placed Miya's phone on the table.

He sat down on one of the eight chairs around the table and picked up his phone.

Y/N L/N
Guess not. Goodnight ;)

He blinked and put down his phone, staring at Kitsi, who innocently sat a few cat steps away from the candelabra.

"...You are a very annoying cat."

She meowed.

"Yeah, you brought me here for a reason, but why don't you tell me the reason?"

Kitsi stepped towards the chair next to Miya and nudged it with her paw, making it move back. The book, your book, was on the seat.

Miya picked it up and stared at the cover. "This was the reason?"

Another meow.

"You are just like your owner, do you know that?" He sighed. "In a bad way."

He opened the book and saw the first words. In English. He got up and got a book for people who are learning English from the shelf. "Here goes nothing." Miya said, the two books open in front of him.