Chapter Forty Seven | Tsuru

Trigger Warning: Body shaming

Miya didn't even get a chance to wake up the next morning. He just didn't sleep. Lying in bed in silence, staring at the book resting on his side table.

You walked out of the library after saying that. Saying how the book ended. You said it so vaguely yet the air felt so heavy after you got up from your chair and motioned for him to follow.

Also following the fact that you mentioned that you basically got kicked out of Hina's room because Shindo went in.

"Sir."

The door the the guest room opened and a servant walked in.

"Good morning. Miss Hina instructed me to inform you of breakfast time. 9:00am sharp."

Miya had never heard someone speak Japanese... with a French accent. It wasn't a thick accent, but he could hear it at the Rs. "Right... thanks."

He sounded out of place in this house. Well, so did you, but you probably spoke French to the servants or something, so you had a pass. Anything sounds elegant in French, even if you're saying, "snort crack" or something.

"Well, look who's awake."

He looked to the door again and saw you leaning on the door frame. "Wow..."

"Wow what?"

"Uh..." Shoot, didn't mean to say that out loud. "Nice... dress."

You grinned, smoothing out the folds in your dress. "Thanks... Hina gave it to me." You breathed and turned around. "U-Um, Hina's asking if you have any allergies..."

"I... No, I don't."

"Good." And you quickly walked down the hall.

Oh my gosh, that bed head was adorable!

You bumped into someone and stumbled back, feeling their hand slip behind your back. "Agh... sorry, I— Shindo!"

He leaned over you, his eyebrows shot up in surprise. "I knew I was invested in that book but I didn't think I was that invested."

"Shindo, have you comple—" Hina paused, seeing the compromising position you and Shindo were in. She cleared her throat, averting her gaze to the landscape painting hung up on the hallway wall. "Apologies, I..."

"Wait, Hina!" Shindo pulled you to your feet and ran after Hina, grabbing her arm and—

"...Wow." You stared, your lips pursed into a thin line.

After a few seconds, Shindo pulled away from their quite long lasting kiss and smiled.

You blinked. "You've been hanging out with Yu too much."

"Have not!"

"You did the kiss-smirk thingy, you totally have!" You grinned. "Totally going in a song!"

"Absolutely not!"

"Absolutely yes!" You ran through the large halls of Hina's home with Shindo following. Neither of you were wearing attire for running but you guys were still kids. Running is what kids do.

Hina watched the two of you sprint down the hall and smiled, tracing her lips with her thumb. "Weird, weird kids these guys are." She whispered, lacking her elegant tone that she normally maintained.