Chapter Forty Three | A Fan of Secrecy

"Y/N, are you— Oh." Nora peered over Kaya's shoulder to share the sight that had caused her speechlessness.

You had your head on Miya's shoulder and his head leaned on your head, both of you still and resting, soft and steady breathing causing both your shoulders two lift and lower, slowly.

Kaya smiled a bit. "How sweet." She shut the car door.

"Y/N will have a panic attack when she wakes up." Nora said as she followed Kaya back into  the studio.

"We'll leave that for the future. For now," Kaya slyly slid her fingers under Nora's chin. "let's just let them bask in the moment given by the gods, alright?"

The two of them walked into the studio and Yu looked away from his phone. "Where'd you go, the desert? Nora's face is red."

"Shut up!" Nora clicked her tongue and sat down at a chair in the corner of the room.

Kaya let out a conniving laugh and sat next to Hina. "Is this the last round of photos?"

"Indeed. Although, I presume that my photographer may 'take you in' for a photoshoot of your own." Hina smiled at her photographer, who's eyes were glued on Kaya, stars twinkling in them.

Kaya smirked a bit and turned back to Hina. "Well, Nora's parents and grandparents adore me. They said my genes would look nice in their grandkids. Right Nora?"

"QUIET!!"

Hina's lips curled into a smile. "Ah, so shall you be taking up the role of the flirt? I consistently believed it was Yu who was of that nature. Prior to him meeting Eiji, of course." She glanced at the two. "Now he's being flirted with. Although, rather unintentionally."

The photoshoot came to a close and Kotaro came to the studio to pick everyone up. "Where's Y/N?" He questioned, his eyes doing a mental head count of everyone.

"Her and Miya are already in the car." Nora said.

"I see." Kotaro turned around without much of a thought and everyone followed him to his car.

By the time they returned, you and Miya had already separated, seated at the window seat on either side, occupying your eyes with whatever was going on outside the window, which was nothing at all.

"Aren't you hot in here?" Kotaro asked, handing you a water bottle.

You shook your head and handed it to Miya, who was wearing a sweater.

"Alright, to Hina's house!" Yu announced.

Eiji blinked. "Wait, what?"

"We're going to Hina's house." Nora said a bit slower. "What's the matter?"

"Like, the castle?"

"I do not find abode in a castle." Hina placed her hand on Eiji's knee with a soft smile. "Do not fret. There is no specific etiquette within my household."

You glanced at Miya, disregarding Shindo who was seated between the two of you. Then you thought back to waking up.

It was unrealistically warm; too warm to be your bed. When you woke up, you saw the back of Kotaro's car seat and Miya's hand on your knee.

On your knee.

You felt blood rush to your cheeks at the thought, remembering how you shot up and rushed to the side of the car, practically shoving Miya away. How embarrassing.

Hina recited her address to Kotaro as he typed it into the GPS and the car backed out of the parking lot.

The ride wasn't quiet, but you didn't say a word. You had voiced every single thought you had ever had to Miya mere minutes before. As in, it was countable. 27 minutes ago, you were sobbing into Miya's shoulder.