Chapter Fifty One | Making Bonds

"Good evening, how may I— Miya?"

"Oh, uh, hi." He cleared his throat. "Y/N is..."

Eiji tilted his head, continuing to scrub the plate in his hand, just slower. Today was a slow day since another one of the chain restaurants had a big event going on, so he was on dish washing duty. But he wasn't expecting Miya to come by.

"Well, she texted me and Langa's..."

"Miya, I don't quite have the same telepathic ability that you and Y/N have with each other." Eiji placed the plate in his hand on the counter. "Just... lay it out to me."

"Cravings. Period cravings."

Eiji's eyebrows shot up. "Ah... I see. No problem then, I'll work on it."

"Your family isn't here?"

"They're at the event at the other restaurant. I didn't want to go so I'm over here." Eiji chuckled as he turned on the sink to wash the dish soap from his hands. "Too many people."

Miya nodded in sympathy. "She texted me a list if that's convenient enough."

"Yep, thanks. Why couldn't her brother get her the food?"

"He's out finding a house to move into with his boyfriend." Miya sighed with an irritated brow twitch. "So, that's that."

"Ah, that sucks."

Miya watched Eiji work through the open kitchen window for a while. "Hey, uh... your mom once mentioned that you had a crush on Y/N?"

Eiji didn't pause in awkwardness like Miya thought he would. He simply laughed, placing a few spices on the food he was making. "I did, yeah. I think everyone has at least one celebrity crush. My sister has a crush on you."

"W-What?!"

"I know. And a few girls who come by the restaurant have a crush on me. It's always just a light thing that no one ever takes seriously because we all know that it'll never happen. What? You jealous?"

"No, I— No. I am not."

Eiji rolled his eyes playfully and placed the two takeout boxes on the counter. "Hey, do you wanna hang out today?"

"Oh, uh, sure but don't you have the restaurant to take care of?"

"Nah, nobody's here anyways. I'll just close up."

•••

"Alright, approach the door, place the food on the doorstep, ring the doorbell, and then run."

"What, why?"

"You don't have a four sisters who already have their periods and two more coming. The P in period does not mean peace."

Miya nodded, breathing in through his teeth as he stepped towards the door. He placed the bag of takeout on the doorstep and knocked on the door. He quickly bolted.

He and Eiji watched the door open and your mom reached out to the takeout bag. But more noticeably, there was screaming in the back.

"Maybe... it's a horror movie." Eiji mumbled with a crooked grin, tugging at Miya's arm. "Let's go."

"Good idea."

•••

"What do you normally do when you're not working at the restaurant... or with us?" Miya asked, hoping he could find a common interest between the two of them.

"I'm normally hanging out with my siblings."

"Right... can't really do that now." He didn't think that it would be this difficult to just figure out what to do without someone planning it for the two of them.