Chapter Thirty Three | Familiar Faces

You sighed, rubbing your temple as tapped your pencil on your chin. *Langa, could you—*

*Yeah, yeah.* He placed a cup of tea on your desk. *You sure you don't want to call the police on this?*

*It'll be surrounded by media in no time flat, no way.* You sipped your tea. *In any case, Shindo hasn't found any pattern or anything from the purchases. The purchases are all over Japan.*

*But Kotaro isn't involved in any shady business, right?*

*No way. Kotaro is part of one of Shindo's mom's agencies, and has been since he was 19. Why would he ditch now?*

*And he's...?*

*27.*

*Yeah, good point.* Langa stomped on one end of his skateboard and grabbed the other side. *I said I'd go skating with Reki so—*

*Yeah, yeah, have fun on your date.*

*Shut up.*

*Sorry, sorry.* You gave him a lazy wave and he was out the door. You began quietly humming a song your were working on while staring down at your schedule for the next few weeks.

It was emptier than normal. Because you didn't have a manager. You groaned and pressed your forehead against your desk. "He'll just be visiting his mom, he'll be fine, oh no, he's actually still in freaking Japan, where? Oh, I don't freaking know." You combed a hand through your hair. "This is fine."

A soft ring echoed through the room and you looked around. "What's..." Then you saw your jacket vibrating and you got up, pulling your phone out of its pocket. "Hello?"

"Y/N, it's Miya."

"O-Oh, Miya!" You cleared your throat. "What's up?"

"Shindo and Yu's asking if you want to hang out? Shindo already asked the girls."

"What about Eiji?"

"Eiji has work today..."

"WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THE SEVENTH WHEEL EVERY TIME?!"

"SHUT UP, YU!"

You laughed. "Alright, alright, I'll be over soon. Where is it?"

"The cafe near the skate park."

""Kay, see you there." You hung up and held a goofy grin. *Kotaro... did say that Miya would be a good friend.* You stuffed your phone in your pocket and ran downstairs. *Mom, I'm heading out!*

*Have fun!*

You walked down the sidewalk, for once not really minding the paparazzi. You were asked a handful of questions, but nothing really personal at all.

"Hey, Y/N, when are you going to have another concert? None have been announced!"

"My manager's currently on break, so there will be concerts when he returns."

"What about your partnering model agencies that are sponsoring you? Will you ever model for them?"

"Likely not."

"So why do they-"

You sped up a bit, not wanting to start talking about your personal life with your friends. But, of course, the paparazzi did the same thing. You did bother to look good since you were seeing your friends, but if you saw one bad looking photo on social media of you that you knew you didn't take, you're reporting.

After another camera flashed in your face, you sighed and glanced across the street. There was a suit store, and there was only one man you could see in the window. Your hand slowly travelled to your pocket and you quickly took it out, making the flashlight flash at the nearest camera and make the cameraman step back.