Chapter Nine | Back to School

You raised a brow as you stared at your phone, Kaya and Nora noticing quite quickly. "What's wrong?" Kaya asked, slurping on the slushy that Kotaro had gotten.

"Nothing, it's just Miya said goodnight at 6:30."

Nora looked over your shoulder, looking at the top corner of your phone. "Hm. Odd. Is it because of the guy you were talking about?"

"What do you mean..? Eiji?" Nora and Kaya looked at each other and nodded. "Maybe he's jealous?" Your face got hot and you shut off your phone. "No way! He's probably just looking out for me. You know how my fans can get."

Nora rolled her eyes, but decided to put it off. "Anyways, does Kotaro know when your next show is already?" You shook your head and put your phone in your pocket and picked up your slushy.

"What about your mom?"

"My mom's been pretty busy. I also don't really want her to get involved in a singer's life." You leaned back on the bench and looked up at the darkening sky as the milk white clouds passed by.

Your mom was so kind. There are so many things that you could've done, like being a doctor or a scientist, but she let you pursue what you wanted. Now, you don't want her to be involved in the drama of fame.

"You're a really nice person, Y/N." Nora smiled, twirling her dark red hair with her right index finger. "What about Langa? Is he generally supportive of this?"

With your straw held between your fingers, you now looked down at the sidewalk. "He is... but he still sometimes asks me if there's anything else I want to do. Not because he doesn't support me, it's just that he's scared of me being in danger, or being insulted."

Kaya stood up from her place in the park's grass. "You know, we never got to hang out with that group of boys you always talk about! Why not?"

You scratched the back of your head. You didn't really think that they wanted to hang out. "Well, I didn't really know what exactly you girls would do with the guys. Besides, the main reason I hang out with them is because of Langa."

The sun began to set and Nora sighed. "Sorry, I need to go. It's my mom's birthday tomorrow and I promised to help my dad with it. See you!" You and Kaya waved as she ran off.

"Want me to walk you home?" You offered, Kaya nodding as you stood up next to her. You walked with her side by side, looking down at the passing gaps in the sidewalk.

From the side of your eye, you could see the fair brown skin poking through Kaya's shoes. "Kaya, what do you think about Miya?"

You looked at her, seeing her long, pink acrylic nails pressing against her cheek. "Well, I've only ever seen him twice, with the second time not having any interaction. But he seems to care about you a lot, so I trust him enough. Why?"

You giggled. "Well, maybe I'm just getting confirmation from my best friends."

"Wait, really?!"

"Of course not!" You gently pushed her shoulder, off-putting her path a bit. "Don't get yourself excited, stupid." You paused for a moment. "School's next week... I haven't even gone back to school shopping yet."

Kaya gasped and took your arm, both your friendship bracelets making a jingle noise. "Nora and I are going back to school shopping this weekend! We could go together!"

You chuckled. "Sure!"

...

*Alright, so, don't talk to too many boys.*

*Yep.*

*And follow the rules, no detention or suspension.*

*Got it.*

*And stay with Kaya and Nora as often as possible.*

*Mhm.*

*Oh, and don't buy cafeteria food, it's pretty nasty.*

*Langa.* You looked up at him from your backpack and squinted. *Calm down. I am 14 years old.* Langa sighed and sat down. *Yeah, I know...*

You chuckled and sat next to him. *You're kind of stupid sometimes.* You smoothed out your uniform and smiled at him. *Nora and Kaya should be waiting outside now. See you*

You swung your backpack over your shoulder and ran down the stairs, giving your mom a quick kiss and walked out the front door. "Heya!"

"Hey Y/N." You stopped next to them and grinned. "Alright, first day of school, here we go!"

The three of you walked to school, chatting about random things like the next concert, favourite ice cream flavours, and boys.

"Come on, Yu?" Nora groaned. "He is such a scumbag sometimes! You really think I like him?"

You raised a brow. "And you decided to hang out with said scumbag at the mall? Alone?" Kaya leaned forward to looked around you towards Kaya, her eyes in a suspecting squint.

"We were not alone! We were with Shindo and Hina!" Kaya stood up straight, her eyes rolling. "Really? Everyone knows those two are dating!"

You actually met quite a few people in the two weeks you had been in Japan, and made more friends than you thought you would. It was only 5 people, but it meant a lot to you.

"Yu!" You exclaimed, grabbing Nora's arm and running over to the orange haired boy. You subtly pushed Nora into Yu and they fell over into the grass.

"Oops!" Kaya chuckled and fist bumped you. Nora's face burned red and she moved back. "Oh? Is little dancer girl flustered?"

"Shut up, Yu!! Idiot..." She brushed off her uniform as if Yu was dirty and crossed her arms. "Come on. Orientation is soon."

After orientation, you searched around the school for your first class, music. Of course, it was a bit difficult.

"Oh my gosh, is that Y/N?" You heard someone whisper. You adjusted your tie uncomfortably and gave a rather forced smile to the small group of girls that said it. "Oh my gosh, it is!"

How many times can one put "oh my gosh" into a conversation?

"Hey, do you think you could spare some time for a selfie?" One of the girls walked up to you with her phone in hand. "U-Um, do you think we could do it after school? I kind of have cla-"

"Come on, it won't take too long! It'll just be a second!"

"W-Well.."

"Oi! Get the hint." You heard a familiar voice and turned your head. "She wants to get to class. It's just a little while you have to wait, so wait."

"M-Miya?"

Miya put his hand on your shoulder. "Well?"

The girl shoved her phone in her pocket and walked off with her friends, begrudgingly with audible stomps of her school shoes.

"You alright?" You nodded slowly, lost in Miya's green eyes. "Um, you didn't say you were going to the same school as me."

"You didn't ask." He adjusted his bag strap over his shoulder and looked away. "Now, both you and I have to get to class, so I'll see you later?"

You watched his retreating figure for a moment before rushing to class, seeing Kaya, Nora, Yu, Shindo, and Hina around one seat, which had all of their bags on it.

"You couldn't even be discreet about saving me a seat?" You questioned with a smile. "Of course not! The world needs to know that they don't have the privilege of sitting with you."

You laughed and sat down. First day of school, here we go.