Chapter Forty One | Lover

"Alright, that's perfect girls!" The choreographer said, clasping her hands together. "This is the first time you've performed this song, yes?"

You nodded, wiping sweat from your forehead. "Kaya, Nora, we need to pick up Eiji and Shindo so we can head to Yu and Hina's studio. How far?"

Kaya shrugged. "Somewhere between fifteen to twenty minutes for Eiji, but Shindo's on the way."

"Alright. Kotaro, you got that?"

"Yeah, yeah."

You stepped off the stage and looked over his shoulder. "What's so interesting on your computer anyway? You didn't even watch the rehearsal!"

"Don't worry, I saw it."

Nora stepped off and got some coffee from the coffee machine. "You look tired." She placed the mug next to his computer.

"I'm not, don't worry. I got enough sleep last night." Kotaro patted Nora's head. "Just trying to get rumours off the socials."

"What is it this time?" Kaya leaned on the table with coffee of her own.

"She's dating Miya Chinen."

Kaya choked on her coffee. "W-What?"

Kotaro turned his computer and showed a newly written article with a photo of you and Miya walking together on the sidewalk.

Young Idol Finds Love with Junior Nationalist?

You held the edge of the screen, staring at your photo. "I see..." With a sharp inhale, you left backstage.

"This is exactly what she didn't want." Kotaro muttered, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

Nora and Kaya looked at each other, then followed you backstage.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

They found you in front of your vanity, your head in your hands and facing away from your mirror. "This is what I'm afraid of..."

Nora put her hand on your shoulder. "You know, Miya's already plenty famous himself. If him being photographed i—"

"That's not the issue!" You lifted your head. "Miya is on the Junior National Team! With sports, they could literally assault a person and no one will care after a few years. In my industry, you could be two or three pounds overweight and that's the end of your career! And he's being put with me?"

"Y/N-"

"His career is stained Kaya! And he's barely in it!" You pressed your forehead against your folded hands. "I care about Miya too much for that..."

Kaya and Nora glanced at each other. "Having people know your name is hard..."

"Tell me about it."

You stood up. "Anyways, let's get to Yu and Hina's studio."

•••

"Hey hey!" Nora hugged Eiji and Kaya did the same, although Kaya's was a bit more awkward.

"You never learned how to properly big people, Kaya." Nora said, putting her hand on her girlfriend's shoulder.

You waved to Eiji and he gave you a slow wave back. "Is something wrong?"

"Hm? No, no, nothing's wrong." You felt a vibration against your pocket and you turned it on, choking on your own saliva as you gasped.

"What happened?" Kaya peered at your phone and she let out a chuckle, conniving and teasing. "Nora, check out your ex."