Chapter Sixty Seven | Dangerous

You heard the front door open and perked up in your seat, then sunk back down when you heard two pairs of footsteps overhead.

Who's the other one?

The basement door opened and a bit of light came in before it shut again.

"You said watch your step but I can't see crap."

The voice immediately rang a bell in your head and strum a string of your heart. It was a voice that was almost more familiar than your own brother's.

The light turned on and you looked down, letting your eyes adjust to the sudden light that illuminated them.

"Y/N," June placed a gentle hand on your head, "I'm so sorry, is the light hurting you?"

"No..."

"Good." She dropped the gentle tone. "Miya."

You eyes lit up, although you still hid them from June. He's... here?

"You said you were protecting her, but she looks scared out of her mind." Anyone could hear the strained calmness in Miya's voice.

When you built up the courage to peer at him, you noticed his hands stuffed in his pockets, refusing to come out, his eyes flickering to the door ever so often.

Is he planning on making a run for it?

You looked at June. "June, what's going on?"

"He just wanted to see you."

"But you said that..."

"I know what I said." She raised her hand as she snapped, stunning you to silence. "I don't know what came over me."

You tilted your head, a fake expression of worry painting your face. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She walked upstairs, not forgetting to say, "Don't untie her or I won't hesitate to have your brains splattered on my walls."

Miya felt a shiver down his spine as she shut the basement door, hearing it lock this time. He rushed to you and put his hands on your face. "Are you alright? Did she hurt you anywhere?"

"I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure."

You blinked. "You're hanging out with Yu too much, you're getting stupid."

"Yep, got that much." He took a deep breath, eyes darting around the room. "I was talking to June earlier in front of my house and I saw that Hina's car was still in the neighbourhood."

"How do you know that it was Hina's car?"

"Because... I live in a middle class neighbourhood and it was one of those rich people cars."

"Right..."

"Hopefully she got the hint and tailed it, but—" He paused. "Wait, is this June's house?"

"She told me it belongs to some guy named Blaise. He's in custody, though, right?"

Miya shrugged. "He's the stalker that followed you and Eiji that one time, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm surprised police haven't thought of this place first. You did go to the police, right?"

"Of course I did, do you think I'm that stupid?"

"My brother nearly fell from the top of a cliff and the police know nothing about it."

"The place was illegal, okay?" Miya rubbed his right temple as he felt the growing stress.