Chapter Sixty | June

Quick note: I don't know a thing about basketball so the terms for it is not going to be accurate, probably, but rather coming from a nerd that likes to read.

"Why'd we have to come to this again?" Nora questioned, crossing her arms and leaning back. "It's so cold outside and we had to walk."

"What's wrong? Can't handle the cold?" Kaya chuckled, placing her elbow on Nora's shoulder. "It's only a few degrees colder than usual. Are you not Canadian? You're supposed to be used to this, Snowflake."

Hina took of her scarf and jacket, placing them in a neatly folded pile beside her. "It's Yuta's tournament, it would be improper as his friends to miss it. Besides, it has been his only topic of conversation in the past fortnight."

You placed your hands in the pockets of your sweater, gazing over the shiny court, then at the many people in the stands. "I didn't know people thought of tournaments like such a big thing."

"Honestly, half the people here are here for Yu." Kaya motioned to the collection of girls in the corner. "Hate to say it, but he is a sight for sore eyes."

"Coming from the person that can't see out of one of them." Shindo added.

"Excuse— I can see out of my other one, smart ass, you just can't see it."

You turned to the boy sitting on the other side of you. "Eiji, you look nervous."

"I'm not! Probably." He combed a hand through his hair with a breath. "I've never actually been to a basketball game of any kind. Lots of people are around."

"You'll be fine. Besides—" you were interrupted by a bunch of high-pitched screams as the athletes ran onto the court, mixed in with loud applause. "—they're more focused on 'the game'."

Eiji perked up, immediately searching for the boy he came to the game for.

"There's the lover boy." Kaya said, lifting one of her fingers, but she didn't need to point it out at all.

"Yu!!"

You and Eiji flinched away from the hoard of girls sitting not far from your seats, all of them suddenly calling Yu's name and jumping from their spots to wave to him.

"Quite the fan base he has." Nora rolled her eyes.

Yu sighed and stood next to his team.

"No winks this time?" One of his teammates asked, waving to the girls that weren't even paying attention to him.

"Kind of taken, Haruya. You know this already." Yu rolled his shoulder back and grinned. "I have a boyfriend to impress."

"Can't wait for the day that you reveal that to the poor things."

Shindo gazed at the court over the top of his book. "Hm. No shallow attempts of flirting."

"He has grown to be quite loyal." Hina stated. "Right Nora?"

"Mhm." She hummed, although she was occupied with the ceiling of the gym, counting the beams going across the roof. You put your hand on Nora's shoulder and she turned, facing your friendly eyes above your mask.

She breathed in defeat. "Yeah, I know."

"He found his person and you found yours. I think it's best that you found them when you were apart, right?" You put your head on Nora's shoulder. "That's the beauty of time Nora."

She nodded. "It's kind of cruel. It took so long."

"Well what's beauty without cruelty?" You stretched, lifting your head from her shoulder. "That's actually a pretty good lyric if I can fit it to a beat properly."