C. 23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
(Genshin Impact School AU)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters, I do not see them the way that I portray them, This is purely fictional
-

Everything was going well for Albedo and Kaeya's relationship, life is going well as well, too well in fact.

With that thought in Kaeya's mind he started having nightmares of his past, how his family was massacred infront of him, how his first love was abducted by unknown people.

These dreams would wake Kaeya, gasping, his heart beat, beating 2x the speed of a normal heart beat.

"What's wrong?" Albedo asked as he woke up from Kaeya moving. "Did something happen?"

Kaeya smiled and shook his head. 'I shouldn't be reminiscing about the past when I have my present and my future beside me,' was what he thought, but the nightmares keep occuring and has been going on for 3 weeks straight.

This made Kaeya afraid to go to sleep choosing to drown himself in work and school rather than sleeping, Albedo noticed this of course and he was worried.

So at night while Kaeya was on his laptop fixing some files from his work, Albedo brought him water. "Hey," Albedo said as he took away Kaeya's coffee.

"I'm not done with that yet," Kaeya said. "I know, you can't keep drinking coffee," "It's the only way to keep me awake," Kaeya said.

"What exactly is going on?" Albedo asked with a worried voice. "Nothing really," Kaeya said.

Albedo frowned as he examined Kaeya's face, he's turned pale and has huge bags under his eyes. "Is there something you're not telling m-" "Look, if there's nothing else you want to give can you please leave me alone? Go to bed Albedo, please," Kaeya said in a frustrated voice as he aggressively puts his pen down to massage his temples.

"Ah... Hope you can sleep beside me," Albedo chuckled awkwardly as he went in their shared room, tears fell down from his eyes but he quickly wiped it away. "Right now, I'm the only one who can support him, might as well understand him... even if it means getting my feelings hurt," Albedo whispered to himself as tears fell from his eyes again, he fell asleep crying.

It was 3 am and Kaeya decided to check up on Albedo who was sleeping peacefully, he saw that his eyes were red, probably because he lashed out on him.

Kaeya frowned. "Sorry... It's a dark past..." Kaeya said as he kissed Albedo's forehead.

"You promise that okay?..." Albedo muttered in his sleep.

"Hmm?" Kaeya said as he listened closely to Albedo.

"I hope that day comes soon..." Albedo muttered in his sleep again. These were the same words Albedo said when Kaeya kind of proposed to him.

Kaeya chuckled. "Because of you, living is actually worth while..." Kaeya whispered.

He wanted to sleep beside Albedo but he was still scared of the nightmare, he furrowed his eyebrows and went back to work.

The next day at school. "Man... You look terrible!" Childe said as he let out a face of disgust. "Seriously, have you even been sleeping?" Venti asked as well.