C. 30.3

SIDE STORY | DiluVen:
(Genshin Impact Highschool AU)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters, I do not see them the way that I portray them, This is purely fictional

The next day after the weekend Diluc came to class gloomy, this confused Venti since he was usually cheerful.

Throughout the day Diluc avoided talking to anyone, never saying a word which concerned Venti, at lunch Diluc stood up and walked out the classroom, Venti followed him and ended up at the rooftop, Venti went in and saw Diluc sitting on the ledge facing a the safe way, he staring off into space.

"Diluc?" Venti said trying to get his attention. Diluc got startled and looked at Venti, Diluc's eyes looks as if he was about to cry. "Are you okay? what's wrong?" Venti asked as he got closer to Diluc.

Venti put his hand on Diluc's hand and Diluc pulled him in for a hug. "Woah," Venti said startled and taken a back from Diluc's sudden hug. Venti began to feel his uniform getting wet, He lifts up Diluc's face to see that he was crying.

"Do you want to stay like this a little longer?" Venti asked. Diluc nodded his head.

Venti leas him to the part of the roof where there was shade from the sun, Venti sat on the floor and Diluc was still crying while laying down on Venti's lap. Venti caressed Diluc's hair while humming a tune, not wanting to ask what happened, instead he thought of comforting him instead and let him tell what happened when he's comfortable to tell.

A little while later Diluc fell asleep, "You must be tired from crying huh, my dearest warrior what happened to you," Venti said in a soft voice.

Another person came in the rooftop, it was Kaeya, "Kaeya?" Venti asked. "Venti and... " Kaeya saw Diluc and had a look of disgust, pity and sorrow. "Diluc started crying, I don't know what happened he was gloomy all morning—" "His father, Mr. Ragnvindr... is dead... " Kaeya said.

"What? What happened?" Venti asked. "I've known this for a while now, I was lurking around the mansion in the middle of the night and heard Mr. Ragnvindr talking to someone, our family's doctor, he said he has a brain tumor and it's too far back to get chemo therapy," Kaeya said. "He didn't want to talk to me since, I didn't give much emotion, but I was preparing for this for a while, I wanted to stay strong for the both of us but I guess, he found it offensive, he pushed me and locked himself in his room, I... everything happened so fast I don't know how to react..." Kaeya said as he put on a smile. "I hope he's okay," Kaeya said as he left the rooftop.

Venti then realized he went through the same thing and only became happy because of Diluc, "It's my turn to return the favor huh?" Venti said as he caressed Diluc's face. "I'll be cheerful for both of us,"

Venti decided not to wake Diluc up and skip classes, after an hour Diluc woke up, he rubbed his eyes and saw Venti asleep. Venti then woke up and smiled at Diluc, Venti wiped off the tears on Diluc's cheek then pinched his cheeks. "Oh, where did my cheerful Diluc go," Venti said.

Diluc smiled then looked down getting all depressed again. "My dad died at Saturday... He had a brain tumor, I knew this was coming since I saw Dad's health exam on his desk, but I still can't handle it, what's worse is that Kaeya didn't react at all it's as if he didn't care, even though that was the man who took him in it's just," Diluc teared up again.

Venti hugged him.

"We don't really know how other people feel inside so you can never really fully understand a person, but you can understand some parts of them," Venti said as he smiled as Diluc "I lost someone who was dear to me before I went in this highschool as a freshman, but someone came into my life and changed my whole views on the world because of their cheerful nature,"

"You don't need to force yourself to be cheerful, I'll be cheerful for the both of us, time heals all wound... Just think that he's in a better place where he isn't suffering anymore," Venti said.

With this it's as if Diluc's cheerful side never came back, but Venti was relieved that he could still smile, Senior years in highschool and the brothers drifted apart to the point that they rented their own apartment to not pass each other.

"Don't you ever get lonely in such a big place?" Venti asked. "Not really since you visit here almost everyday," Diluc said as he chuckled.

"True, but Kaeya, are you still upset about what happened in the past?" Venti asked. "I'd love to but... I don't know anymore it's too awkward," Diluc said as he sat down his couch.

"Must be stressful having to focus on your studies while handling a company," Venti said. "Luckily we're not out on business cause of the temporary boss of my father's company," Diluc said. "How can I be stressed when a stress reliever comes to visit everyday to the point that he has some of his clothes and his toothbrush here," Diluc said as he smirked.

"Ah, how fun a stress reliever, cute, see this is why I will never date you, what after you've had sex with me you're going to say, 'Ahh how can I be horny when there's a masturbation tool that comes to visit everyday,'" Venti said trying to impersonate Diluc.

Diluc pulled in Venti to let him sit on Diluc's lap. "Of course I'll never call you that such an inappropriate name, I'd call you mine instead," Diluc said. "Why are you so cheesy all of a sudden Cheeluc," Venti said.

"Wouldn't it be interesting if we dated though?" Venti asked laughing. "What if we try.. to date?"  Diluc asked.

Sleepy :(