The Fight (Zayn)

Uni AU

~Y/N's POV~

"NO ZAYN! I CAN'T!" I yelled, tears absolutely flowing down my face.

"I'M SORRY BABE! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! I MEANT TO SAY IT! I DID!" he yelled back.

"I told you I loved you for the first time, and you can't even say it back. I've spent 4 years of my life with you, and you can't be bothered to love me?" I whispered, wiping my mascara tainted tears.

"I wanted to say it..." he trailed, coming closer to me.

I continued to back away.

"Baby." he let out in a breath, stoping his forward movements.

"I'm sorry."

"I gotta go Zayn. See you in class on Monday." I said, turning to walk home.

"At least let me take you home. You don't have to talk to me, I just don't want you walking alone; it's almost dark." he said, softly laying his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, barely noticeably shrugging his hand off my shoulder and walking faster to his car.

"Baby I'm sorry." he broke the silence.

"Ya know what Zayn," I paused, mustering the courage to really tell him how I feel.

"There are a lot of people who have hurt me in my life. My parents, grandparents, friends but the person who has hurt me the most is you. That should not be possible. My grandparents abandoned us and said they want nothing to do with us. My parents constantly belittle me and make be feel horrible about myself. I've lost so many friends over the years because they suddenly decide I'm not good enough." I took a breath.

"But yet, you've hurt me the most. I guess that's because you were the first person I ever fell completely in love with. You're the only person that can make me cry at 3 a.m almost every night for 3 years. You hurt me in ways I didn't think I could get hurt in. You broke my heart and are constantly breaking it still. You know you do things that hurt me but you continue to do them. Maybe this is all my fault for falling for you and believing that maybe, just maybe, you love me. Maybe you did like me, but then you realized that I'm not worth it. I'm not the prettiest, the smartest, the skinniest, the thickest, the most athletic, or the most popular but I am the one that loves you the most. My life would probably be better with out you, but I could never wish to never have met you, because I would still have a place in my heart for you." I stopped, blinking back the tears which were starting to form.

I looked up, starting again.

"You will always feel like home to me. You'll still make me smile and my face turn red every time I see you or think of you even if I'm crying at the same time. I hate myself for giving my heart to you because I always knew that it couldn't and wouldn't ever work out. But I still use every 11:11 wish and birthday wish and shooting star to wish for you, to see you, to hug you, to have you love me the way I love you. Without you there's no point in living. So no matter how annoying I am to you, and how much you hate me I will always love you because if I stop loving you, I don't know what else there is to live for. I could live forever only if I could have you." I finally finished, sobbing, facing the window.

We sat in silence, him starting sentences, but stopping like he didn't know what to say or how to say what he wanted to.

Finally he broke the silence.

~Zayn's POV~

Fûck.

I don't deserve her.