Tour Nightmares (Zayn)

"Poor love is exhausted huh?" Liam asked, referring to Y/N asleep on my lap.

I nodded, knowing any sudden movement from me would wake her up.

"Hey Zayn, you hungry?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, can I have pizza?" I whispered, and Niall nodded, warming up a slice.

I looked down slightly at my girl asleep across my shoulder, her mouth parted ever so slightly, and her nose still just a bit red from blowing her nose a bunch earlier.

Allergy season is not a fun time.

Niall brought me a piece of warmed pizza, and set it in my hand.

I didn't want to hurt Y/N if I happened to drop pizza while I was biting it, so I leaned over the side of the couch, careful not to move.

Her head was in my lap, and hair tied in a messy bun, falling out of her head.

I slowly ate my pizza, and put my plate on the side counter next to the couch, and went back to playing with strands of Y/N's hair.

She started to move a bit, her facial features twisting and moving.

She'd been having nightmares lately, and we, or at least I don't know why, or she won't tell me.

She hasn't gotten good sleep in days and I feel awful.

And tour has been rough for all of us and our relationships.

We've had all the girls with us at some point, and we're at the end with Y/N, as Eleanor just left.

All the girls got so much hate, mostly consisting of our 'performances being tired, dull, and distracted because the girlfriend's were present' and were 'holding us back'.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

We're tired because we're over worked, can't see our families, and sometimes play 2 shows a day.

So I've been trying to piece together things Y/N has said in her nightmares, hoping they would lead to what was causing them, and I think I've done it, but I'm not 100% sure.

At this point, she was getting to a stage I don't think she'd be comfortable with the others seeing, so I picked her up, very very carefully, and took her back to the bunks, and lied her down on mine.

I stroked her hair, and wiped tears as the came.

When her sobs started, I hushed her, knowing from previous events there was nothing I could do.

Every nightmare breaks my heart more and more.

And I couldn't imagine how she feels.

She sharply inhaled, not so much shooting upright, as mildly sitting up, just to lay back down.

She curled into my shoulder as I lay beside her, hoping to give her any feeling of comfort.

"Baby? Baby breathe for me. Could you lift your head up?" I said, feeling the quick breaths she took against my side.

She hadn't replied, so I carefully rolled over a touch, and moved back, making sure there was an open airway for her.

"Don't.. wanna... go- go back Z. I don't." she cried, trying to keep her voice and sobs down.

"Hey, hey, it's ok love, it's ok. I don't know where my love, but we will never go back. You're safe with me, and the boys. We're always here to protect you. I got ya bubs, it's ok." I said, rubbing her side.

"I just want you back Z. They took you.. and then.. then they.." she drifted, just closing her eyes.

"Boo, it was all a dream ok? I'm right here and you're right here next to me love." I paused, looking at her tear stained face.

"What do you need from me my love? I'll do or get you anything you need." I said, rubbing the pad of my thumb against her soft, wet cheek.

"HEY! WE'RE HERE!" Louis yelled, telling us we were at our next hotel.

"Do you wanna go to our room? Or do you wanna stay in here for a while, until things clear out a bit?"

"Will you carry me out? If I fall asleep on your shoulder?" Y/N asked, opening her eyes to look at me through her tears.

"Anything for you my love. C'mere."

I picked her up from under her arms, and she wrapped her legs around me.

I grabbed her bag with everything she needs and carried it to the door, and put the hood on her hoodie up to cover her messy bun and face.

"Thank you Z." she whispered, moving her face so her nose hit the base of my neck.

I grabbed her suitcase again, this time leaving the tour bus with Y/N and her suitcase in one hand, and waving to fans with the other.

Shouts of:

"I LOVE YOU ZAYN!"

"1D! 1D! 1D!"

"HARRY, LOUIS, NIALL, LIAM, ZAYN!"

and a bunch bunch more were heard, walking to and through the hotel.

"Y/N? You alright love?" Niall asked, gently rubbing her back.

~Y/N's POV~

Niall rubbed my back and I shook my head.

"Don't feel good." I whispered, slowly putting my feet down as Zayn stopped walking.

I stood up and immediately put my hands out for the wall.

"Woah girl-" Niall said, catching me while Zayn quickly opened the door.

He threw our bags in the room and helped Niall help me into the room.

"Baby? Can you look at me?" Zayn asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

I looked over and he and Niall both looked really concerned.

"How many fingers am I holding up love?" Z asked, holding up.. 3?

"Uh three?" I said, rubbing my eyes a bit.

"Ok, where did we just come from?"

"The tour bus? Or do you mean state? State would be Pennsylvania."

"Well those are all right, do you feel like you're gonna vomit? Like what are your symptoms?" Z asked, opening his phone.

As I spoke, he typed what I said into his phone.

"Normal cold symptoms; stuffy nose, throat hurts, headache. My head has been pounding since I woke up, but I figured.. maybe that was a fever dream." I said, feeling really cold.

"Sever common cold it sounds like. Do we have cold water? And does Pauly have the medication we can give her?" Z asked, and Niall rushed to the door.

"Is your vision really blurry at all? How's you head love? Do you feel dizzy or light headed?" Zayn asked, continuing on with more and more questions.

"Z?" I spoke quietly.

Just enough for him to go silent.

"Hold me."

And he did, and I feel asleep just like that.

Word count: 1100

A/N

:) hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. i know, i know, i'm terrible at typing so i will eventually go back and fix all mistakes

vote, comment, i'd love to know your thoughts!
Requests are always open!! and feel free to leave prompts as well!