Home (Liam)

(Michael (5sos) is in this as a Payne)

"Welcome to the school assembly everyone! We'll begin soon, so talk amongst yourselves!" Our principal spoke, leaving the stage.

We were all in the auditorium, waiting for special announcements and all that not-so-fun stuff.

"So what shit do you think they'll think is 'hip' this year?" Louis mocked, based off of last year's assembly.

"I bet they'll let two grades finally wear hats. Why the hell can't we wear hats in school anyway." Zayn ranted, making ridiculous faces and hand gestures.

We all laughed at him.

"I'm sure they'll make sure to be extra enthusiastic."  Harry said sitting back in his seat.

From left to right, it was Louis, Zayn, me, Harry, and Niall.

Harry leaned over and sweetly whispered, "Still on for dinner baby?"

"Of course. Never bailed have I?" I whispered back, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Haz!" Lou whined, making Zayn roll his eyes as if to say 'Not again'.

"Lou!" He mocked, now all of the others rolling their eyes, including me.

He huffed.

"I thought you loved me." He said, turning his back and facing the isle.

Dear lord.

Might as well play along.

"Harry! Have you been cheating on me?!" I gasped.

He just looked back and forth between Lou and I for a solid thirty seconds.

"I- um...I didn't..." he trailed off.

I laughed.

"I'm kidding love. I'm kidding." I said, leaning my head back on his shoulder. 

The principal walked back on stage and started talking.

"Hello everyone and welcome back to another school year. As you know we have a new Superintendent, Mr. Brown. I'd like to welcome him to the podium. Mr. Brown?" He spoke, moving over so this Mr. Brown could stand.

"Hello everyone. As you know, I'm Mr. Brown, and I'll be the superintendent this year. I'm sure I'll get to know some of you as..." I spaced out.

Straight up stopped paying attention.

I don't give a darn about what this man has to say.

I spaced in and out until I heard 'Military service'.

That hit my heart.

When I was younger, 10 and three quarters to be exact, my two older twin brothers decided to follow in our great uncle's footsteps, and join the Military.

And they only came back for one Christmas.

I'm eighteen in my senior year of high school.

"Speaking of the Military, I'd like to welcome home two former graduates to the podium. Corporal Liam Payne and Sergeant Michael Payne."

Everyone stood, clapped, and cheered.

I froze, and the boys looked at me.

I'd never told them I had two older brothers.

I watched as my brothers walked through the doors and waved. I sat in the very front row, so they smiled extremely wide at me.

I jumped up and into Liam's arms, as he was closer.

"Surprise kiddo." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my back as I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck.

Mikey wrapped his arms around both of us from behind me.

I got down, and stood in between them as I didn't want to leave their sides'.

"Hello (Your school's name) high schoolers. As you know, we're former graduates and were in the Military. Yes, past tense. We are no longer in service. Y/N, we were done the time we can home for Christmas, but we were recalled until it was over. We're back kiddo." Liam said, hugging me into his side.

I didn't cry, but let a tear slip.

I'd cry later.

While Liam and I had our moment, Michael spoke about something. We were now in the shadow, and I waved the boys over to say hello.

Harry was the first, the rest huddled behind as if to see what would happen.

"Hello sir. I'm Y/N's boyfriend, Harry." He said, holding his hand out for Liam to shake.

Liam shook his hand and kept a straight, slightly frightening face for a solid 30 seconds before bursting out in muffled laughter.

"Calm down, Harry. I'm not our father. Though I will kick your arse if you hurt her." He said, going back to being more serious face at the end.

"I'd never hurt her. Never in eternity." Harry replied, holding my hand and rubbing the back of my hand with the pad of his thumb.

"Good. Now, we've surprised you, so now we gotta surprise Mom and Dad." He smiled.

I hugged him again.

"I missed you Li. I missed you so...so much." I whispered.

"I missed you more Y/N. I missed you so much more."

~~~

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled, walking through the door.

"I'm home!"

"Kitchen!"

I set all my stuff down at the door and went to the kitchen.

Liam and Micheal were hidden outside, and set to knock on the door when I send them a text.

"Hey Mom, how was your day?" I asked, side hugging her and grabbing something from the fridge.

"It was good! I went to my doctor's appointment, got breakfast and coffee, and then came home and relaxed. How was yours?" She asked, doing something with a cabinet.

I quickly messaged Mikey and they knocked on the door before I could answer her.

Mom heard the knock on the door.

"Wonder who that is..." she said, walking towards the front door.

I followed her to the door, and she opened it.

She gasped, and Liam and Mikey both started to tear up.

"We're home Mom." Li breathed out, and both brothers went to hug Mom.

Word count: 930

A/N

:) hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. i know, i know, i'm terrible at typing so i will eventually go back and fix all mistakes

vote, comment, i'd love to know your thoughts!
Requests are always open!! and feel free to leave prompts as well!