Cousin Visits (Niall)

3:00 a.m.

Ring Ring

I opened my eyes, and it was still dark outside.

I reached for my phone on my nightstand, and I heard a groan from a begrudgingly awakening Niall.

~
Y- Hello?
Mother- Love; there's something wrong with your cousin.
Y- Which one? What's going on?
M- Samantha May. She's in the hospital, and requested to see everyone.. including you. When we got here, she asked for you multiple times. I'll send you the details when we're off the phone. I have to go now, but I'll see you soon?
Y- Yeah.. I guess.
M- Love you.
Y- Love you too.
~

"Who was it? What happened?" Niall asked, obviously half awake and not caring much.

"Remeber that cousin I told you about? The one who was always rude to me, we never got along?" I asked, hoping he hadn't fallen back to sleep.

"What'd she do now?" he asked, rolling back over to face me.

"Babe? Why are you crying love? What's wrong?" he asked, after turning on our overhead bed light.

"She's in the hospital and specifically asked to see me. I don't know why, or how but mom said she specifically asked to see me. And I told her I'd go.. but I don't think I want too." I said, crawling into Niall's lap as he sat up.

"Well, babe, maybe she wants to reconcile? I will go with you, I'll drive you, and I won't leave your side if you want me to. I can do whatever you need, but I think you should go. Now, of course you don't have to, but it may be a good idea."

While he spoke, he rubbed circles on my back, lightly scratching it as he went along.

"I know I should, it's just.. what if she dies? What if she dies while I'm there, her parents will definitely blame me! Or on my way there, if she dies my aunt and uncle will never forgive me because they always thought I should be the bigger person. And normally I was but one can only hold everything in for so long you know?" I cried, wishing that she'd be fine, even if she was the source of a heavy sum of my childhood trauma.

"They can't blame you for her death princess. You haven't done anything. You haven't even seen each other in years. If they blame you, they don't deserve you. Sometimes chosen family loves and supports you more than your real family. But love, you'll be ok, I know."

"I guess I should pack.. I said I'd try to be there as soon as possible so." I said, burying my face further into his neck.

"But I'm comfy.."

"Do you want me to come with you princess? If so I can pack all our stuff and I can hold you too." He offered, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Yes. But I can pack if you want me to. Don't feel like you have to do it for me." I said, looking up at him and smiling.

"You're light as hell my love. I got this."

As he stood up, he held onto me and spun us around until I was laughing my ass off.

"See? I could do this in my sleep. Now, lots of sweats for the both of us.." he started, grabbing a lot of pairs of sweatpants and putting them in the suitcase that was still on the floor from the end of tour.

"Babe? I'm hungry." I said, making him laugh.

"Been hanging out with me too much love?" he said, chuckling again before opening our closet doors and walking in.

"If we leave at 4, yes in less than an hour, 4 in the morning, we could stop at McDonald's and theoretically be there by eight. It works." I said, laughing with Niall.