Bye Niall...

"Love? You ready for dinner?" Niall yelled, his voice not his usual happy.

"Almost Ni!" I yelled, looking at my makeup to make sure it looked ok, and blended well.

Niall had seemed off all day.

He was distant, sad, and always looked on the verge of tears.

I feel like it might've been my fault.

Maybe I had said something wrong, or maybe cooked something he didn't like.

I walked down the stairs to see him looking at me as if it would be the last.

"You look absolutely stunning my love..." He said, pulling me into a loving hug.

"Baby, are you ok? You seem down Ni." I asked, hoping to get an answer out.

"I'm ok. Just a little nervous for recording tomorrow."

That was a lie.

"You sure?"

"Of course love. Now, shall we?" He asked, plastering a fake smile.

I smiled back weakly, wrapping my arm around his and walking to the car.

He opened my door for me, closed it when I got in, and mindlessly got in next to me.

"What do you think you'll get for dinner princess? I believe they have Alfredo." He said, taking one hand off the wheel to grab mine, taking mine from my lap.

"OOOoooOOoo is it good? Have you ever had it?" I asked, hoping to lighten him by talking about food reviews.

"It's very good, though not the best I've had."

"Way to sell it Ni." I laughed.

"Ok ok, I will say it is very good! But do you remember the one in Atlanta? In the restaurant with the pretty wooden tables?" He asked, quickly looking over to see me nod.

"Best Alfredo I've ever had, hands down." I said, remembering the place.

"Ok, well it's like a third of a step down from that, but it's still so good. I would definitely recommend it love." He said, subconsciously stroking my hand with his thumb.

"Alright, I don't expect any Alfredo to live up to that. So I'll take your suggestion." I smiled, gaining a smile from him.

"Good."

~~~

"Here's your dinner!" Our waitress said, setting our meals in front of us.

"Thank you." Niall and I said in unison.

We started eating, telling each other how our dishes were.

"What's wrong Ni? You seem upset, and I don't like seeing you upset bubs." I asked, as he was not seeming to enjoy his meal anymore.

He sighed, taking out his phone, opening it and turning it to show me.

I looked at the message, and immediately, just by the name, knew it was bad.

You must break up with her if you want to keep your career.

Oh fuck.

"No...Niall I- um..."

"I don't want to break up with you. I can't. I'm trying to fight it my love. Believe me. And if they make me, I'll find a way to get you back. I cannot and will not live without you." He said, his eyes welling as he bowed his head.

"I don't want you to lose your career Ni, I just...I can't lose you." I cried.

"You're making this so much harder." He sighed, holding me close as we swayed to the music.

"But I knew it'd still be hard." He continued.

"I'm trying to be strong." I whisper, holding back tears.

"You trusted me with your heart, and I've broken it. It's just, you should be angry at me. I don't deserve this." he explains, voice laced with guilt, before I stop him.

"Niall, it's okay. I love you."

"I love you, too, so much," he replies, his sad eyes burning into mine.

"Let's just make the best of this moment." I softly say, and Niall nods in reply.

I rest my head on Niall's shoulder as we continue to dance, but after a moment, I feel a cold drop of water hit my neck.

I pull away, gazing into Niall's watering eyes.

I've never seen him cry before, and the sight of his broken perfection causes the tears I'd been holding back to spill down my cheeks.

"I don't want to do this, Y/N. I'll find a way to make us work." he says, voice hoarse.

"Niall, I can't hold you back from your career. I love you too much." I explained, shaking my head.

"I need to make it work; I can't lose you." He cried, trying so hard to hold back a sob.

"Niall, what if you need to." I trail off.

"No, I can't. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to make it work, please, just let me try." Niall pleads, "I need you." He finishes, his cheeks stained with several tear tracks.

I softly press my lips to his. "I'll never stop loving you, Niall." I whisper.

"No, don't say that...please, please don't say that." He says, continuing and hurting my heart, "I'm not leaving."

I melt into his arms once more, not knowing what to say.

"Please, never let me go." I mumble, finally coming to the realization that if this goes through, you may never get the chance to be with the love of your life again.

"Never." He replied, holding me much closer than ever before.

~Two Days Later~

"I'm not breaking up with her! Absolutely not!" I heard Niall yell, standing outside the conference room Simon had brought him into.

"Niall it's what's best for your career!" Simon returned.

"Then I QUIT!"

That's when I opened the door, interrupting.

"Niall stop. You don't quit, and if you won't break up with me then..." I trailed of, already starting to cry again.

"Then I'll have to...um."

"Y/N no. Stop, you can't. I'm not letting it happen." He interrupted, his angry tears becoming sad.

"NI YOU HAVE TO!" I yelled, no longer keeping tears in.

"Y/N I CAN'T LOSE YOU. YOU'RE WHAT KEEPS ME GOING, WHY I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING, THE REASON I BREATHE!" He yelled, closing the distance and picking me up in a hug.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck.

"I can't lose you." He cried into my shoulder.

"Dear god... fine. Niall, you don't have to break it up with Y/N. But..."

Word count: 1031

A/N

This is a bit longer that the last!

:) hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. i know, i know, i'm terrible at typing so i will eventually go back and fix all mistakes

vote, comment, i'd love to know your thoughts!
Requests are always open!! and feel free to leave prompts as well!