You Didn't - Tom Holland

Y/N POV:

I woke up this morning at 10:00am on the dot. I'm not much of a morning person if I'm being honest. Well, to get things straight, I just don't like the waking up part, the morning time part isn't what bothers me. I like my sleep, what can I say.

I grab my phone from my bedside table and notice that Tom left me a message. We are roommates and so he let me know that he'd be out this morning and that he'd be back in the afternoon. Which was fine with me to be fair because I'd like to clean up the apartment a bit while he's out.

I end up falling into a loophole though and I somehow scrolled through tiktok for 40 minutes before realising how much time I'd wasted. I groaned as I rolled out of bed and jumped in the shower.

I let the water run down my body, enjoying the feeling and then eventually washed my hair and the rest of it after a short while.

When I got out of the shower I shoved on some casual clothes since I didn't have any plans for the day and I brushed my hair so that i was at least half appealing for the day ahead of me.

I headed straight for the kitchen when I was finished and I grabbed a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Y/f/c (your favourite cereal) is definitely top tier, if I say so myself.

After I had finished I connected my phone to my speaker and played some of my favourite songs, first up in the playlist queue was Just Havent Met You Yet by Michael Bublé and it brought a smile to my face, I used to listen to it with my mum when I was a kid.

After many songs and a lot of cleaning the apartment was looking pretty spotless. I just hope Tom doesn't mess it up by throwing another party any time soon.

Tom sent me a text at 12:30pm and let me know that he'd be home soon and that he had a surprise for me which made my curiosity grow. First I had no clue where he was because when I originally asked he said 'somewhere' and now he's got a surprise. The boy makes me crazy sometimes but he's my best friend so I guess I've gotta love him anyways.

Tom arrived just before 13:00pm and had a box in his arms. What intrigued me though wasn't the box, well it did but it was the fact that the box had holes that made it seem slightly weird.

He placed it down on the floor in the living room with a big smile on my face. I look between him and the box with no clue what was going on. He egged me to open it and just as I was about to do so the box made a noise which made me practically jump out of my skin. Tom fell into a fit of laughter and I wasn't very impressed with the situation. It was almost like it was a bark?

I decided to try again and I removed the lid of the cardboard box in one swift motion, not wasting any time and the sight before my eyes was a cuteness overload to say the least. It was a puppy.

For the love of god. I liked the surprise, I did. But Tom couldn't have you know, asked me if I liked dogs? He's lucky I do.

"What do you think?" he asks excitedly.

"I think you're an idiot but the dog itself is pretty cute. Is it a boy or girl?" I ask after joking.

"It's a boy" he replies with a huge smile.

"How about we name him Parker?" I ask, in a somewhat joke but if he agrees then I do quite like the name"

"It would suit him" he says before catching on to why I picked Parker and he rolls his eyes and I chuckle.

"Parker it is" I decide and he tries very hard for me to get me to change my mind but the name is final and he huffs.

Maybe next time he'll think about the consequences of getting a dog without telling me.