𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

S O P H I A 

𝔄 𝔣𝔢𝔴 𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔨𝔰 𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱 by and I didn't really see Rafe or Sarah much. Sarah and I occasionally walked on the phone, but she had some issues with Topper and is apparently falling for some boy from the cut. 

I was very surprised when I first heard, but she has seemed a lot happier since. I hung out with Scarlett who is a girl I met through Sarah. We got pretty along well. I've seen Rafe out a few times at the Country Club but we never talked. He was always doing drugs or talking with his friends. 

We also aren't really friends so I don't want to step over boundaries. Tonight is Mid Summers though, so I will be seeing the whole Cameron family. Mid Summers is a party at the club where every member comes together and celebrates, well, the middle of Summer. Everyone dresses up, you can bring a date if you want, but you attend with your family. 

I had boughten my dress already with Scarlett last week and it is a baby pink long slowly dress. It has lace detailing and was spaghetti straps. Sarah sent me a picture of hers and she chose a white slowly dress that has an off the shoulder detail. 

There was only a few minutes until my family has to leave and I was freaking out. I am not quite sure why. Maybe it's from the amount of people I know are going to be there, or maybe it is because I'm excited and it is coming off as anxious. 

"Sophia!" 

I take a deep breath and slip on a pair of nude heels before walking downstairs to meet up with my mom. She insisted that she takes a hundred photos of me and Beck before we left which ultimately made us ten minutes late. 

Once we got there my parents were immediately greeted by many other adults. I was introduced to a lot of their children that were around my age and I awkwardly smiled at a lot of people until I spotted my friends. 

"Sophie! I haven't seen you in so long!" Sarah whisper screams as we both go in for a hug. She had to whisper in case Topper could hear because for a lot of the past two weeks she has told him she was with me so she could hang out with the guy she always talks about, John B. 

I suggested she should just break up with Topper now but she wasn't sure how to go about it. 

"How are you? How's John B?" I ask curious. 

"Great. He's great. Everything is so great, I just have to break the news to uh- you know who," She responds letting out a sigh. "I am supposed to go talk to him outside in a minute if you could detract Topper for me?" 

I agree to her plan and she starts walking away. As if on cue, I notice Topper walking over towards me and now a gone Sarah. We say our hellos and he starts looking in the direction Sarah went. 

"Topper, why don't we go find Beck and them," I say trying to take his attention away from where Sarah went. 

"There at the table doing shit," He replies. His eyes were locked in the same direction still. I try to think quick to come up with another plan to distract him. 

"Could you walk me there? Sarah went to the bathroom and I don't wanna go alone," I beg. His eyes finally relax and he looks me at me. 

"Yeah, of course," 

Topper and I walk over to his friends and I look around. It was Kelce, Beck, and Rafe, along with about ten random girls I have never seen before. There was a white substance on the glass table and the girls were almost connected to the boys. 

"Top, have some," Kelce says referring to the drugs. "Tastes like bananas," 

I make eye contact with Beck and he shrugs. I know he has done drugs before but I have never actually seen him do it. I'm also surprised that he feels comfortable doing it, so close to our parents. Just because I feel like my dad would kill him. 

Topper goes in to take some lines and I look out the window to see if I can spot Sarah while they are all distracted. I notice her kissing someone and stand against the window to stop any of them from possibly seeing her. 

"Your turn Sophie," I hear Kelce say. 

"No thank you," I reply smiling. 

"Come on, don't be a buzz kill," He says giving me a look. 

"No I'm sorry," I reply again, while starting to feel a little more uncomfortable. I know tons of people that do drugs and I am ok being around it, doing it on the other hand, not my thing. A few more guys walk into the party and I watch as Beck and Topper get up and walk over to them. 

My nerves start getting worse now being with Kelce and a high Rafe. The girls with them, I am pretty sure they paid for, so I don't think they could really count as anything. 

"Come on, one line," Kelce says again. He stands up from his chair and grabs my arm. I try to pull back but his grip was too strong for me to do anything. I glance over at Rafe and he doesn't seem  to even be paying attention. "Here take this," 

Kelce hands me a rolled hundred dollar bill. The same one I just saw Topper using to snort the three lines he took. 

"Kelce. I don't wanna do it," I say firmly again. He rolls his eyes and starts to set up lines. As soon as he is satisfied with them he grabs the dollar and puts it up to my nose. I try to pull back but he keeps his hand behind my head pushing me down towards the powder. 

My heart starts racing before I can even take in any of the drug and I notice Rafe stand up which causes Kelce to let go of me. I sit back and take a deep sigh of relief. 

"She said get the fuck off her," Rafe says in a deep tone. 

"She did not. She said she didn't want a line," 

"And w-what did you do Kelce?" Rafe asks in a sarcastic and aggressive tone. I watch as Kelce starts to back down a little. 

"I- I just uh-" Rafe cuts him off by grabbing Kelce by his tie 

"you were uh- just uh-" Rafe says mocking him. He leans close to his ear and says a few things that I am unable to hear because of the noise level in the room. 

Kelce is let go of and he sits back down without saying another word. The girls that were surrounding them all migrated to one empty sofa by now. I stay seated, uncertain of what is going to happen next. Rafe glares at Kelce for a few moments and then looks over at me. I look up at him and his face softens a bit. 

I move over from the middle to the side of the sofa, giving Rafe more room to sit down if he wanted to. He slowly takes a few steps towards me and then sits right next to me, swinging an arm around my shoulders. 

"If he fucks with you again, let me know," He whispers. 

"Thanks," I reply. He takes his arm off me and I stand up. "I am going to go find Sarah,"