𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

sorry I've been busy with school starting and stuff so chapters aren't very daily anymore, here's a short one just to get something out tho! please vote and comment so I know if you are enjoying!!

S O P H I A 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬 𝔬𝔣 𝔲𝔰 froze at his words and Ward walks into the room, sitting on the bed with the now messed up blankets and sheets. He grabs the remote and turns the TV on. It was already on the news and he rewinds it. 

The video starts playing and I hear Ward's voice, talking to John B. The video showed a boat with Police boats following and I notice the rough waters. I listen to the conversation that was broadcasted between the young boy and older man. 

"I'm coming for you Ward,"

Those were the last words anyone has heard from John B. Sarah was on the boat with him but the cameras cut off as soon as a large wave washed out the old boat. I was in shock. I wanted to cry, but I physically could not. 

I look over at Ward who was blinking away his tear and then Rafe. He stared intensely at the TV. He looked back at his dad and sighed. 

"So it's over? Everything good now?" He asks. 

"Rafe!" I scream at him. He was much more than insensitive. I understand him being happy about John B, but not his own sister. 

"It's over," Ward says. "And Sophia, we aren't sure if Sarah and John B are gone gone, but their chances don't look too good," 

Ward walks out of Rafe's room. I look over at him to see if he has shown any other emotions other than relief. I didn't see anything on his face. If anything he seemed kinda glad it was all over. He didn't have to worry about getting caught or being stressed anymore. 

I am happy for Rafe, but it kills me knowing my one friend is gone. And the only reason she is, is because her brother isn't strong enough to handle his own consequences. He finally looks over at me after staring off into space. 

"Sophie, I'm sorry," He says, noticing my feelings. I was glad he at least recognized other people had emotions. He pulled me in for a hug and I felt the tears start to come out. Sarah was gone. And so was John B. All because Ward was too scared to let anything happen to Rafe. 

Of course Rafe was also responsible, he should have turned himself in to begin with, but my feelings for him clouded my judgement and I was very aware of that fact. 

The hug lasted a few moments, until I pulled away. 

R A F E 

I wasn't phased by the news of John B and Sarah. Not because I don't care about my sister, but because I know how how clever her Pogue boyfriend is. I was well aware of the fact that him and Sarah did not die. 

There was no way it actually happened. And as much as I hate John B, I know he wouldn't let anything happen to her. 

Sophies cried were almost silent and she kept her head tucked into my chest as I held her. I couldn't imagine the pain I've caused her. My dad in a way deserved it, he needed something traumatic to happen so he could try to understand others' emotions. 

Sophie didn't deserve it. 

She started to pull away from my arms and look up at me. Her eyes were still filled with tears and were starting to get red. I felt bad. I wanted to tell her they were alive, but something was stopping me. 

Maybe it was the guilt, or the doubt that she'll ever see them again. 

"Soph, I'm sorry. So fucking sorry," The small blonde girl gives me a downward smile while wiping her eyes. She wraps her arms around me and puts her head back on my chest. 

"It wasn't your fault," 

But it was. It was all my fault. If I didn't shoot Peterkin, there wouldn't have been any of this. My dad has been trying to tell me in a way it is all John B's fault, because he forced my dad to leave. I wasn't really aware of much, but it sounded pretty serious.

The bottom line was John B didn't make me pull the trigger.