𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

S O P H I A 

My eyes fluttered open and I looked to my side to see Rafe fast asleep. I slowly took his arm off from around. me along with the few blankets I had on. I grab my phone to check the time and notice it is a little late. 11:02 am. 

I took one last look at Rafe before getting up and heading towards my bathroom. I quickly took a shower and wrapped myself in a towel before peering out the door to see Rafe still sleeping. He usually did not sleep in this much, but I'm assuming it was from being drunk last night. 

I went into my room and picked out an outfit for today. White high waisted jean shorts with a baby blue tank. Once I finished changing, I jumped onto my bed trying to startle my boyfriend. 

Nothing. 

I try shaking him a few times and still nothing. It was now noon and I was beyond bored of him still sleeping. 

"Rafe," I say slightly loud. He finally moved a little, but did not wake up. My next idea was to go into Beck's room and see how late they stayed up. I walked down the hall until I reached my brothers room. 

"Come in!"

"How late were you guys up last night? Rafe won't budge I've been trying to wake him up for an hour,"

Topper and Beck exchange looks before responding at the same time. 

"5,"

"7,"

They exchanged another weird look and Topper sighs before walking towards me. 

"Uh Rafe was uh- I fell asleep at five him and Beck stayed up later," He explains. I look over at Beck and he nods. "You know how they can be together. But uh- we were gonna go golfing today if you didn't mind. So I'll just wake him up and remind him,"

With that the two boys rushed out of the room and into mine. 

R A F E 

I felt a cold splash hit my eyes and I shot up. I rubbed the water off my eyes and looked in front of me. Beck and Topper were staring. I quickly look around for Sophie and didn't see her. I could feel my heart start racing faster and Topper put a hand on my shoulder. 

"Bro, are you good? What'd you do last night? Sophie started asking questions and I don't know if she bought it," Beck says. 

"I uh- I just went for a quick walk to clear my head. Shit, is she mad?" My friends looked at each other and then back at me. They didn't believe a word I said. 

"Probably, we told her we are going golfing though so as long as you can just say you were up with us late, you should be fine," Topper responds. 

I knew how bad they both were at lying. Sophie could out smart any of us, I had to just tell her the truth no matter how mad she would be. I pretended to agree with Topper and they left her room. I got out of bed and ran downstairs to find Soph. 

On the way down, I ran into her mom. We had a quick exchange before she was out the door and I could look for my girlfriend. I went into the kitchen and the living room and the dining room and didn't see her. 

My eyes wandered until I saw her siting outside on a hammock. I started for the door and walked up to her as calmly as I could. 

"Morning Soph," I smile. She looked up at me and smiled while moving over giving me space to join her. 

"Late night?" She asks. 

"Yeah I uh-" Before I could finish she cuts me off. 

"Stayed up with the boys?" She asks sarcastically. 

"How could you tell they were lying?" 

"Shitty liars," She shrugged. "Real question is what actually happened?" Her tone changed and she seemed more annoyed. I quickly wrapped my arm around her and kissed her cheek. I had to tell her to truth because she could see right through me.

"Just went for a quick walk, I was back in bed by 4. Nothing happened I promise," I reply kissing her again. She leaned over to face me and I tried to read her face before she could respond. 

"I know you were gonna go golfing but do you wanna go get breakfast instead? I'm hungry," She smiles. 

"Of course. Can we stop by mine first? I gotta talk to my dad for a second. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes," Sophie rolls her eyes and looks over at me. 

"Can you talk to him later, I'm not in the mood to see him. No offense,"

"Soph, please? You can wait in the car I won't be long. Or talk to Wheezie or something," 

"Fine. But if he speaks to me I'm leaving. I'm sorry I know he's your dad and all but I really just don't like him at all. He scares me," 

"That's fair. He scares me too," She laughs a little before moving closer to me where she is basically on top of me. She kisses me a few times before standing up. "Where are you going?"

"We should leave now. Also maybe you should get fresh clothes and take a shower. You reek of beer," 

"Can you join me?"

"I don't shower with bad liars. Maybe you shouldn't have gone for that quick walk and woken up so late," She smiles at me before walking inside her house.

How the fuck did she know I was lying? I roll my eyes at her comment before getting up and following her inside. I grab my keys and meet her in my car a few moments later. There was an awkward silence as I drove towards my house. I didn't want to bring up what I did last night, but I also didn't want her to actually be mad at me. 

 I pulled into my driveway and finally Sophie spoke up as we got out of the car. 

"I'm gonna hang with Wheezie while you change and talk to your dad. We can talk about you're night over brunch,"

I took a deep breath hoping she would just let it go as I walked inside. I notice Rose sitting on the couch watching the news and my dad in his office. I ignored them both and ran upstairs. Sophie followed me up the stairs and went to my sisters room as I went into mine. 

I grabbed some fresh clothes and headed to the shower. I took a really quick shower in anticipation of talking to my dad. I wasn't exactly sure what happened last night with him. But while I was with Sarah, someone was shot. 

I don't think Sophie knew that at all and I'm pretty sure when she finds out she's going to assume I did it. Which, given the circumstances I don't blame her, but I know I have to tell her about yesterday before she finds out from the news or some other shitty source.