𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

S O P H I A 

ℑ 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔠𝔨 after listening to JJ trying to flirt with me. I wasn't even dating Rafe for him to make that kind of comment, but it made me smile a little. I was not into JJ in the slightest, but he was hot. 

Rafe practically dragged me towards his car. He opened the passenger door for me and waited for me to sit down and buckle up before he shut the door and walked to his side. 

"What was Maybank saying to you?" His voice was clearly annoyed as he started his car. His mouth had blood on it along with his knuckles. His gold ring somehow remained clean while the blood dripper right under it. 

"Nothing," I shrug. "

"Bullshit," I roll my eyes and he starts driving back towards the North side of the island. It was quiet for a minute and I watch Rafe become less tense. "Look Sophie. I just wanna know what you guys were talking about," 

"He just asked me if I believed John B was guilty. Obviously I said yes. I told him I haven't even heard that people are saying it was you," I reply. Rafe takes a deep breath and puts his right arm on my leg. 

"Thank you," 

The rest of the car ride was quiet. I wasn't scared of Rafe in the way I think he would ever harm me. But I am scared of him in general. I never knew what was going to happen next. He always had someone around that he was ready to fight. He also had a weird way of constantly saying he would kill someone. 

Once we get back to my house, Beck's car was still gone. He also never texted me back earlier when I said I was going to be with Rafe. 

"Beck isn't home?" Rafe asks while we get out of the car. 

"Doesn't look like it," I reply. 

"Ok. Pack a bag, you're going to stay with me then," Rafe starts walking me to my door and I stop

"No. I can stay here myself Rafe. And you can't bullshit me about John B being on the loose," I roll my eyes. Rafe doesn't respond. Instead, when I walk into my house he follows me up to my room. 

"There's a storm Sophie. It isn't safe," He says while grabbing a random bag of mine. "Don't make me repeat myself," 

Hr throws the bag at me and I roll my eyes. I go into my closet and grab a few outfits. I wasn't sure how long I was about to be stuck with Rafe, so I went with four. I packed bras and underwear as well and then went into my bathroom to pack my makeup and other essentials. 

I throw the now packed bag back at Rafe and he catches it with a smile. 

"No reason to give me that look," He says. "I'm doing everything I can to make you safe," 

I watch as Rafe rolls his eyes and I mimic him by rolling mine. 

"A storms a storm, regardless of who I am with," I add. 

"Let's go," 

Rafe swings my bag over his shoulder and grabs my hand with his free arm. I follow him as he starts walking out of my room, downstairs, and back to his car. I felt like his daughter at some points. But not a real child because we do have our moments. 

He is just so protective and treats me like I am a little girl he has to watch over. I am younger than him, but not by enough where he has to act like he is my father at some moments. 

As he starts the short drive to the Cameron's house, I look out the window. The street was filled with colorful houses on each side. If you looked far enough to the left or right you would see water. It was really pretty, especially during this time of year.