𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

S O P H I A 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫 𝔤𝔩𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥 the window and made a straight shot to my eyes. I start to recall the night and smile to myself a little at the events that took place around two am. Scarlett was already awake, she was on her phone on the net white chair in the corner of Sarah's bedroom. I look around to see if Sarah ever came back, and don't see a sign of her. 

As I go to call Sarah and make sure everything is okay, I see a text from her. She ended up sleeping on a boat with Kiara due to a prank pulled by the boys. She told me to tell her parents that she went out to go get coffee with Topper. 

I look up about to tell Scarlett about the text and she nods her head. 

"I got it too," I nod and stand up. "I know Sarah was with the Pogues. But what were you doing last night?"

I freeze. I am not sure If I should tell anyone about last night or if Rafe would even want me to. I would also hate to be on his bad side since I have seen how he gets when he is mad. 

"Uh- nothing. Rafe was awake when I went downstairs so we just talked for a minute," I reply trying to downplay the way he kissed me. 

"Rafe? I've never seen him just talk to anyone normally," She says. 

I respond with a shrug trying to change the topic. Thankfully, she dropped it and got back onto her phone. As we wait for Sarah to come back, my mind wonders. Does Rafe even remember what happened? Did he mean for it to happen, or was he just horny? Did I like it? Do I like Rafe? 

I take a sip of the water I got last night to calm myself down. Someone knocks on the window, causing me and Scarlett to both jump. Sarah. I wish to the window to open it and she jumps inside. 

"Thank you guys. So much," She says. 

"Yeah, no problem," I reply in sync with Scarlett. 

"Anyone suspect anything?" Sarah starts to look a little worried and I shake my head. 

"No, everyone went to sleep pretty early," I reply, leaving out how Rafe was awake. Scarlett turns to me and laughs little. 

"Well, not everyone," She says wiggling her eyebrows. 

"What do you mean not everyone? Who was up" Sarah asks me. At this moment, I feel stuck. I can't tell Sarah I kissed her brother and Scarlett, not even knowing what happened, it hinting towards that. 

"Rafe was up for minute. No big deal," I shrug trying to stay calm. Sarah looks at me confused. They both ask for a better explanation and I roll my eyes. "I went to get water and he was downstairs. We talked for like a second and I came back up," 

"It was not a second. You were gone for at least twenty minutes," Scarlett adds. Sarah's eyes go wide and she looks back at me. 

"He was just asking about Beck," I lie. I try to think quickly of all the excuses I could use but I feel myself running out of them. I notice Sarah open her mouth to speak but instead, her room door gets swung open. 

Rafe. 

"Aw, we were just talking about you," Sarah says smiling at him. I close my eyes, scared that he will think I told them what happened and then look at him. His eyes were glued onto me again. 

"What the fuck were you guys talking about me for?" He asks, still not taking his eyes off me. 

"Sophie was telling us that you-" I immediately cut Scarlett off scared she will make the situation seem a lot worse. 

"I told them how we talked last night when I got water. Because I was gone for a little," I explain. Rafe nods a few times and then takes a deep breath. 

"Ok well. Rose made breakfast for anyone that's hungry," 

"Thanks Rafe," Sarah says. He slams the door shut behind him, causing me to flinch a little and the three of us start to change into different clothes before heading downstairs to eat. 

Eating breakfast with the Cameron family was usually a fun time. However, today is was silent. Rose and Ward did not eat with us. It was Wheezie sitting on the end, Scarlett and Rafe on one side, and me and Sarah across. 

I wasn't able to fully eat my breakfast due to Rafe's eyes burning through me. Wheezie tried breaking the tension a few times, and it worked for Sarah and Scar. Rafe on the other hand was not phased. 

"Well, thank you guys so much for having me. I have to get home," I thank my friend along with her Parents who were in the other room and they all smile back. I stand up and start to walk towards the door. Scarlett and I were leaving together so I didn't have to worry about anything weird happening with Rafe again. 

The two of us walk towards the car and leave. 

R A F E 

The water, golf, and drugs. The only three things I have notice can help me truly relax. After Sophie left my house, I got the three boys and we all met up at Beck's house to take his boat out. I would've rather gone to Topper's or Kelce's instead though so I wouldn't have to see Sophie at all, but they all insisted.

"Where's your sister Berkley?" Kelce asks as we start to get the boat ready. I feel my jaw clench. 

"She came home earlier, and then Sarah picked her up with some random guys," Beck responds. Random guys? What guys do her and Sarah hang around with besides us?

"Probably those Pogues. What did they look like?" Topper scoffs. Pogues?

"Uh- I don't know there was a blonde kid, a brunette kid. Both had kinda long hair and then some light skin girl and a black guy. I remember seeing the girl at Midsummers," 

John B, JJ, Pope, and Kiara, I'm assuming. I can feel myself getting more and more angry as Beck describes who Sophie and my sister left with. Topper starts yelling about how Sarah cheated on him with one of them. 

"Hold on, my sister is hanging around Pogues? My sister is fucking a pogue?" I ask Topper. 

"They were making out last night. I confronted her about it when I saw them and she started getting pissed at me," He explains. I start shaking my head. Kelce stays silent along with Beck and Topper continues to tell me what happened. 

Once he started talking about how Sarah snuck out, it made a lot of sense why Sophie was up so late. Instead of listening to the rest of his story my mind starts to wonder off and think of all the things I could've done to her if I knew Sarah wasn't home. 

Beck got the boat on the water and took control of steering it. 

"My dad said it was ok for John B to come live with us?" I ask Topper, confirming his story.

"Apparently! The kid broke his arm and was going to be put in foster care. Sarah started crying to Ward about it so he took responsibility for him," 

I scoff at his answer. 

"Hand me a beer," 

Kelce started talking about some girls he tried to get with after the party and I zone out. Beck and I drink a few beers and seltzers while we stroll down the water.