𝔱𝔢𝔫

S O P H I A 

ℌ𝔢 𝔭𝔲𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔶 𝔞𝔯𝔪 until we got next to his car. Rafe opened the door for me and forced me inside. Once I was seated, he walked to the drivers side and got in.

"What the fuck were you doing at Kelce's house?" His voice was deeper than normal. 

"I heard what happened, I went there after Scarlett's with Topper," I lie. Rafe shakes his head as she starts to drive. It is only a three minute drive to my house from Kelce's and since there was no one on the road it felt like it took no time. 

Rafe pulls up on my driveway and puts his car in park before turning it off. 

"Does Beck know you were out?" He asks before getting out of the car. 

"No" I reply. He puts his head in his hands and starts the car again. 

"You are going to be the death of me Sophie," 

I don't respond. He moves the car from the driveway back onto the street. He pulls up to the neighbors house, and re-parks the car. I watch as he gets out of the car and examines his parking job. He walks over to my door and opens it. 

Rafe grabs my hand, helping me get out and then ducks down as he walks towards my house. He goes to the side, and helps me up on the roof so I can get in through my window. Once I am inside, I look back out the window. 

I thought that Rafe was going to leave, but instead he starts climbing up the side of the house to get into my room as well. 

"Why are you here anyways?" I ask once we are both inside. He doesn't say a word. I watch his movements as he closes the window, making sure to be quiet and he locks it. 

"Don't fucking ask me why I'm here. Why the fuck were you out?" 

Rafe's voice was deeper and lower than usual. He seemed more upset than he was at MidSummers when he got in that fight with Kelce. I have never seen him that this before. 

"I was just-" He cuts me off before I can try to explain myself. 

"Are you not scared? Someone shot a cop and is in hiding, he probably wants to go kill more people and you aren't scared?" He says getting more and more upset. He puts his head on his head and looks at me. "I'm not leaving until I know I can trust you won't being so stupid again,"

I wasn't too sure why, but I wanted to cry. Rafe's reaction towards me made me want to break down into tears and apologize. I couldn't let him see my real reaction though, so I had to stay calm. 

Thankfully, a phone rang which disturbed the silence between us. I tried to peer over Rafe's shoulder to see who was calling him but he quickly turned away from me and answered. 

"Hey man. Yeah, I was just with them why? Uh huh, yeah. Yeah, everything is all good. Ok yeah I'll go now," He gets off the phone and looks at me. "Out the window. Now," 

"What? Why?" I ask him getting confused. He doesn't respond, instead he unlocks the window and has me go out before him. 

"You left the window open genius. You're brother realized you were gone," He explains. We walk back towards his car. Once we get in, he drives down the street until he is able to make a u-turn. 

I keep my eyes straight on the road since I did not feel like talking to Rafe at the moment. I feel his hand start to brush against my leg and I look down. Rafe rested his hand on my thigh, with his eyes glued on the road. 

"Don't touch me," I say plainly. 

"I'll touch you whenever I want," He replies. At first I was worried, but then he removed his hand from my leg. We both stay silent for the rest of the ride. Rafe pulls up into my driveway and parks the car.