𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

S O P H I A 

Rafe thankfully listened to the so called rules I gave him and I got a text an hour after he left that they were on their way home. Of course no one showed up to the house until almost two hours later, but I let it go. 

I was beyond exhausted. For the hour the boys were gone, I showered and took a quick nap. Once Rafe texted me, I woke up and stayed up. I turned my TV on, but the news was exhausting. All local channels were still reporting the Peterkin case. It seemed like nothing had changed. 

"We're back!" I hear a loud deep voice scream from downstairs. 

"Beck! We're sleeping!" I hear my parents scream from the other room. I laugh a little before walking to my bedroom door. As I start walking downstairs, I notice the three boys smiling at me. Topper was holding bags of mcdonald's, Rafe was holding car keys, and Beck had a bottle of beer in one hand and a Mike's hard in the other. 

Classic. 

"I'm gonna go stay the night at Top's," Beck slurs. "Rafe can stay here but like no sex in my room,"

"You are not driving yourself to Topper's," I reply ignoring his other comment. 

"I'll drive them," Rafe responds stepping in. 

"No you won't either. Just stay here tonight, or I'll drive you guys," I reply, taking the keys from Rafe's hand. The three of them glared at me for a moment. 

Beck finishes both drinks in his hand and dropped the bottles. Thankfully they hit the carpet and didn't break. Topper hands Beck a bag drops two on the steps and they both run upstairs to Beck's room. My eyes move onto Rafe and he smiles at me. 

His arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. 

"Hey sexy," He whisper in my ear. I laugh while i look up at him. 

"Sexy?" 

Without a response, His hands grabs mine and starts to run upstairs. I follow quickly behind him until we end back up into my room. Rafe jumps onto my bed and makes himself comfortable. I sit down next to him and take his phone out of his hand. 

"Did you have fun tonight?" I ask. 

"I did. It was nice, being a normal guy again," A laugh escapes his lips and he looks up at me. "Everything will be fine by the way. With or without Sarah's help." 

"What does that mean?" 

"That means my dads on my side," 

I wasn't exactly sure how to respond to the comment. Rafe didn't know what else to say either. We both looked at each other in silence for a few moments. He starts to slide himself up and puts his hands on my crossed legs. 

"You should get some sleep Soph," He whispers while placing a kiss on my lips. 

"You're not gonna sleep?" 

"I'm gonna go keep an eye on the guys, plus I wanna spend time with them. I promise we won't be going out, you can keep the keys if that makes you feel better," Rafe starts to beg and I roll my eyes. "Please Soph, just get some sleep," 

"Goodnight Rafe," I reply laughing a little. 

I wasn't really mad at all. How could I be mad? I wasn't that tired anymore though. Rafe kissed me one last time, said goodnight, and then left my room. I layed down and wrapped myself in a few blankets. 

I scrolled through my phone for a little. I went through my old friends posts and stories. Everyone in Charleston seemed to have been in a perfectly normal state. Everyone seemed happy and like they were having fun. 

Sometimes I wished I never got involved with Rafe or the Cameron's at all. I wished I was still back in South Carolina with all my friends living a normal, simple life. I Know that seems wrong to say especially because that is my best friend and boyfriend, but there had to be something wrong with this whole island. There was some sort of negative water or something. 

After about thirty more minutes of scrolling. I was finally asleep.

R A F E 

I wanted to find John B and Sarah more than anything right now. As much as I care about Sophie, she was possibly the most mother-like girl in my life right now. Which I appreciate, but also can't stand at all. I wanted a break from that. From someone telling me what I should and shouldn't do. 

I quietly walked downstairs and snuck out the back door. My first plan was to find my sister, but I my head kept running through thoughts of how upset Sophie would be if she found out I left. I contemplated it for a few more moments until I started walking. 

I sent a text to Sarah telling her to meet me down the road. 

AN: sorry for the long awaited chapter, writers block! I will try to start updating on the regular again!