𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

S O P H I A 

"I just want to fucking come home!" 

Rafe and Ward had been on the phone for hours. It has been a couple days and I think the heat was getting to both of us. Having the house alone on the beach has been great. But at some point as good as it was, we wanted to do something other than fuck and tan. 

We talked about just coming home without telling anyone, we even bought tickets, but Ward found out and was not happy with either of us. The plan with Sarah and John B hasn't been super reliable, they were stuck in Charleston until yesterday when they finally got back to OBX. 

Sarah tried talking to Ward but he. didn't want to hear it. I got a hundred texts from Topper and Beck and Scarlett about how I should come home because Sarah's back and there's rumors about Rafe. 

"Ok thank you, bye," The phone call finally ended and I look over at Rafe. He ran his hands through his hair to keep calm and threw his phone on the couch. 

"What happened?" I ask. 

"We'll fly home later today. But Ward's not happy about it," He sighs. 

"Well you can stay with me then," I smile. 

"You're not sick of me yet?" He smirks, he starts taking steps towards me and I wrap my arms around his torso. 

"I could never be sick of you Rafe," 

"Then why were you crying to go home last night hm?" He raises and eyebrow at me causing me to roll my eyes. 

"Because I'm bored, I miss shopping and my friends," I explain. 

"Fair enough," Rafe glances at his watch checking the time. It was 1:38. "We should probably start packing our flights at 5," 

As we pack, there is little conversation. It takes about twenty minutes for me to get all my stuff together and to double check that I had everything with me. I went into my original room and made the bed and cleaned up around the room a little. 

I ended up also cleaning up Rafe's room and making that bed too since he was taking forever to clean up the downstairs area and getting his stuff together. It took us a few hours in total and by 3, we had to head to the airport since it was thirty minutes away. 

The plane ride was a quick three to four hours and Rafe slept most of the it. I was glad he did because he has had a lack in sleep ever since the other day with Sarah. I knew he was still scared and stressed to get home, but I also know that it would be better for him to be home. 

Clearing his name when he mysteriously is out of the country is not a good way to do things. 

Once we landed, I had to wake a sleepy Rafe up and we took an Uber right back to my house. It took a little while and all in all we were back home, in my room around midnight. 

"So how was the Bahamas?" Beck asks as him and Rafe both reach for a slice of pizza. 

"It was fun, nice weather," I shrug. 

"Wait so like you all know right?" Rafe asks referring to the incident. "Like you and Topper know, The Pogues know, and Sarah knows," 

"Yeah man, but I don't think anyone believes the Pogues when they say shit, and Sarah and John B have been pretty silent so far," Topper responds. I leaning my back against my headboard as the guys started talking about it so casually. 

Rafe sat on the edge of my bed, Topper was seated on my desk chair, and Beck was next to Rafe on my bed. They were using the small bench at the end of my bed as a table for their drinks and food. 

"So my sister is dating an overaged Killer. Does that finally make me the favorite?" Beck asks looking back at me. Topper laughs a little at this comment and I roll my eyes. 

"How about we not talk about the accident like it was some small mistake," I reply. I couldn't take the laugher and small talk the boys were having when it was all focuses around a real death. Rafe's eyes look down and I feel myself feel a little bad. Everyone goes silent for a few moments before Beck stands up and grabs Rafe's arms, making him stand up as well. 

"Well, we have stuff to go do, so goodbye and good night Sophie," He says. 

"What stuff are you guys doing?" I ask. 

It was late, there was nothing for them to seriously have to go do. But I know I made Rafe feel a little bad again. The last thing I wanted was for all the guys to go into town and get drunk at some bar or the club, and I knew that was the only thing there was to do. 

"Hanging out, haven't done that in awhile. We'll be out, home by 3 probably," 

I know it wasn't my place to tell a group of twenty year old guys what to do, but I couldn't help but make a comment. 

"Why can't you guys just hang out here? Go to the basement or something, don't go get drunk in the middle of the night," I reply. Rafe makes eye contact with me and I notice looks from the other two guys. "Just a suggestion," I mumble. 

"Love you Sophie, but I'm going out," Beck says. Him and Topper walk out of my room but Rafe stays at the door. Once the other two were downstairs, he closes the door and walks towards me. 

"Soph," He quietly whines. 

"Look Rafe, I'm sorry. I just can't imagine you guys are going to stay out of trouble. Especially with how you were all talking about everything like it was nothing!" I spit out. Rafe sighs and places a kiss on my forehead. 

"Give me rules then, I promise I'll follow them. I'll text you every thirty minutes. Soph, please just don't be mad at me and let me go," 

"I'm not giving you rules Rafe," Rafe sits down in front of me and pulls me onto his lap. "Rafe, I'm serious. I'm sorry, go have fun," 

He stays silent and just watches me. 

"It is 12:52 right now. I will be home by 2:52 latest. I promise no more than ten-"

"three-" 

"Five drinks. No more than five drinks and I promise to text you where I am and if anything changes," He kisses me and then gets up to leave.