𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

S O P H I A 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰 open I start to think about what happened last night, and what almost happened. Rafe's arms were still wrapped around me tightly, preventing me from getting up. I try to get up but he starts holding on tighter, so I accept defeat and stay next to him. 

"Rafe," I whisper trying to get him to wake up. 

"Hm," I hear him hum back in response and I turn my body to face him. I smile at him for a minute as his eyes start to slowly open. "You're very pretty first thing in the morning Ms. Berkley," 

"Thank you Mr. Cameron, you don't look too bad yourself," I laugh a little. He smiles at me for a few more seconds before puling me even closer to him, if that was even possible. Rafe places a soft kiss on my lips and then loosens his grip. "I'm going to see if anyone is home. Don't move," 

I get out of my bed and slip on an oversized jacket in an attempt to coverup a bit. I open the door to my bedroom and see Beck standing right outside of it. I close my door quickly before he has a chance to see inside my room and I look at him. 

"H-hey Beck. What's up?" I ask. 

"Nothing. I was about to see if you were awake," He says trying to see into the crack of my door that was still slightly opened. "I heard you talking to someone last night, who was it?" He asks. 

"Oh yeah. I was on a call with Sarah and John B," I lie. "They were talking to me about how fun it is to live together," 

"Interesting. Well I am going to go to Topper's house. Mom and Dad left for work a few hours ago. And Uh- I would turn on the news if I were you," With that, he starts walking away and I rush back into my room. 

Where did he go? I start looking around for Rafe and I do not see a sign of him anywhere. I open the door to my bathroom, and nothing. The window was still locked so he couldn't have left. I notice my closet door being slightly opened, and I walk inside. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. Rafe turns around to face me and smiles. 

"Just looking around," He smirks. 

"Beck just left and my parents are at work, so we are home alone. He said something about turning the news on though," 

Rafe nods and leads me out of my closet and back into my room. He makes himself at home and lays on my bed with a few pillow propping himself up. I laugh a little while he taps the empty place next to him for me to sit. He turns on my TV as I get in bed next to him. He flips channels until we reach the local news. 

"Ward Cameron has reported an alleged accident by 17 year old John Booker Rutledge. The boy is now no where to be seen. And In other news," The news lady changes topics rather quickly and I look at Rafe who seems unfazed. 

"What happened?" I ask. He just shrugs and laughs a little. 

"Not sure, but I bet Sarah learned her lesson now. I told Beck and them I would hang out today, so I'm gonna go so I can change and get there quick," Rafe starts to stand up and looks back at me. "Be safe," 

He walks towards my door before I am able to respond. As he leaves, I start to think to myself. Rafe and I do not talk to each other on the phone ever, and I really never know what to expect when we see each other. I was assuming last night was some sort of dream, but when I woke up and he kissed me again, I knew it was real. 

I don't really understand what is going on right now. He said some things last night about how. he felt but then he just left without saying bye. Just a, be safe. I want to know what we are, or if there even is a we.