𝔰𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

S O P H I A 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔪 𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔴𝔬 more days and in those two days I was stuck at Tannyhill. Rafe and I didn't talk much, him and Ward were out of the house a lot. We all attended the funeral for Peterkin, I saw Beck there. Him and Topper were staying at our house since there were no parents. 

I wasn't sure about Kelce. Rafe hasn't been ignoring me, but we definitely have not had a normal conversation. Rose threw herself into work and every once and awhile took me and Wheezie to lunch or something. Wheezie and I had spent the past few days together hanging out and cheering each other up. 

I haven't even seen Ward. He spoke a few words to me the other day and since then he has been consumed with the police department and Rafe. The weather was getting cooler and the waves were calming down. It was clear that school was right around the corner. 

"Thank you for having me Rose, but I think I am going to head home," I smile at her and she turns her head to face me. 

"Oh my god no! I loved having you here, please don't leave," She says. 

"I've had a great time, but you know. I haven't spoken to Rafe in awhile," I whisper the last part and she pulls me down to sit next to her on the couch. 

"Listen Sophie. I am totally on board with you and Rafe, but you need to be careful. And I am going to miss you," She says. I giver her a hug and stand back up. "Don't be a stranger!" She sings and I start to leave the house. 

I had a bag around my shoulder and my phone in the opposite hand. Beck was picking me up. Since I haven't seen him in a few days I felt relief in the fact that I would be with my brother and go back to my home. 

I didn't want to spend another day with the Cameron's. They were all nice to me and never did anything wrong, but I just couldn't handle it. It felt like a fake life. My parents still were in the Bahama's but I haven't heard a word from them since they left. 

"Hey Stranger!" 

"Beck, Topper. Hey," I smile walking over to the boys. I give each of them a hug and Beck grabs the bag from my shoulder. He puts it in his car and we all notice another car start to pull up on the driveway. 

The car parks and I see Rafe get out. I roll my eyes as he walks towards us. 

"Hey Top, Beck," He says dapping them up. I stand there and watch him to see if he will say anything to me. His hair was parted down the middle and he wore a button up while and blue top with a pair of kaki shorts. "Are you leaving?" He asks facing me. 

"Oh are we talking again?" I ask laughing a little. I try to keep my composure and he grabs my hand and pulls me to the other side of his car for privacy. "What do you want Rafe?"

"What do I want? Why the fuck are you leaving?" He asks. "It isn't safe," 

I roll my eyes at the comment he added. He keeps saying it isn't safe as if he wasn't the cause of everything going on in Kildare county right now. 

"I'm going home. I have school Monday, and you don't talk to me anymore, and I want to sleep in my own bed," I reply. 

"Soph. I'm sorry, I was trying to ignore you I just didn't want you involved in anything. Please don't leave," He takes both my hands in his and begs. "Please. Stay here, you'll have all my attention I promise," 

"Rafe. You aren't even my boyfriend. I'm going home," I pull my hands away from his grip and walk back to my brother. 

He follows me and leans up against his car while I get into Beck's. He keeps eye contact with me and starts to drop his head, to look down.