𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

S O P H I A 

I passed out almost immediately after getting upstairs. I wanted to spend every second with Rafe while we had the house to ourselves, but I was way too tired. Something to do with the lack of real sleep I've gotten since I heard what he did. 

I still couldn't fully comprehend the fact that the boy who was laying next to me was a killer. I turned my now awoken body to face Rafe. He looked so peaceful when he slept. It was one of the only times where he didn't have a concerned look on his face. 

"Morning sleeping beauty," I whisper in attempt to wake him up. 

"Morning gorgeous," He smiles before opening his eyes. "What time is it?" 

"Almost dinner, around 8 I think," 

"I just want to stay in his bed with you," Rafe stops for a second to pull me even closer to him. "Forever and ever," His hold on me becomes tighter and he starts pecking me all over. 

"Rafe!" I scream trying to escape his hold. Instead of stopping, he continues to pull me closer and tight and placing small kisses all over.

After finally getting out of bed, the two of us decided to order pizza. We weren't really sure where to go or what would be a good idea, so we went safe. Ward had called Rafe after dinner and almost immediately I noticed his face change. 

He changed his face from happy to worried in a matter of seconds after being on the phone. I tried to ask him what was wrong but he didn't budge. I also didn't want to make him more stressed than his dad just made him. 

"Soph, I uh- I gotta go meet up with my dad. I would normally tell you to come but it could uh- just stay here and stay safe," Rafe trails off towards the end. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask. He scratches the back of his neck and looks over at me without a word. "Rafe?" 

"Yes, yeah, yeah, yes everything is good. Everything is okay. I'll be home later tonight I promise. Just some files our dads need help with. Your mom's on her way back now actually. They just would rather have another man there," He confirms. 

"Man?" I smirk. Rafe lets his guard down a little and laughs. 

"Hey! I am a man!" He argues. 

"Sure you are babe," 

Rafe walks over to me and places both his hands on my shoulders. The height difference makes me have to turn my head upwards to look at him. He was already looking down at me. He moves his arms to my waist and I move mine around his neck. 

He places a kiss on my lips and then smiles at me without letting go. 

"God you're beautiful," 

"And you're handsome," 

He places another kiss on my lips but this time it was softer and lasted a little longer. 

"I'll see you later Soph, don't miss me too much," 

With that, Rafe let go of me and started walking towards the door. I watch him leave and then slump back on the couch. It was beautiful outside. The mansion was right over the water, giving the living room a gorgeous view. 

I wasn't really sure what I could do while Rafe was gone. I quickly came to the realization that without Sarah, and without Rafe I didn't really have anyone to talk to. Sure I could call Topper or Kelce, or some of the kook girls I've met, but I didn't really have anyone I liked enough to go out of my way to talk to. 

Scarlett and I were close, but I haven't seen her in awhile, especially after the whole thing that went down with Peterkin. I unintentionally kept my distance with everyone when I was sneaking around with Rafe. 

"Sophia?" 

I hear my name being called and I whip my head towards the front door.

"Mom! Hey," I respond with a smile. She walks over to me and places a kiss on my forehead. She joined me on the couch and we both started catching each other up on life. She told me how there was a lot at stake for dad's company and this deal with the Cameron's means a lot to both families. 

I obviously lied to her about my past few weeks. I talked about how I spent time with Scarlett at the house and Beck and Topper occasionally, along with no emphasis on Rafe. I brought him up a few times in the context of Beck inviting him over, just so it was clear we were friends and not strangers. But I also did not want to show anything else. 

"What is going on with you and that Cameron boy anyways?" She smiles at me. 

"Mom he's 20," I laugh a little. 

"Oh sweetie, I will be honest. I saw him as a brotherly figure, but the way he talks about you-" My mom stops herself and laughs a little. "Age won't be a factor in a few years Sophia," 

"Mom!" I say embarrassed. 

"It's ok, I was never really a fan of that boy. He has too many issues. After talking to Ward, I found some things out. It would be best for you guys to stay friends," She says. 

"Too many issues?"

"Sophia, the boy is pretty much a diagnosis psychopath, he has gone way over a few mistakes. The boy, although charming, is insane," She finishes. "Plus, your father would never hear of it. Someone more your speed would be Topper," 

"He's not that bad," I whisper to myself. 

"What was that?" 

"Nothing, I uh- I'm going to go take a shower," I say standing up. I was hoping that there would be at least one person in my life I could talk to about me and Rafe. Beck and my parents were clearly not an option, Topper has too much of a big mouth, Kelce is a creep, and Scarlett would make it too obvious. 

I head upstairs and rush to the bathroom. There was one connected to mine and Rafe's room which we both agreed would make it a lot easier to sneak around while we are here. Our parents were both not too enthusiastic about the idea of us being together, so we have to make sure nothing seems suspicious. 

I allow the hot water to fall on me. For a moment, I tried to not think about anything serious. My mind was too consumed with all the talk about being safe recently. I knew there was something going on that no one would tell me. 

Once my shower is over, I grab a towel and wrap my body in it. I grab my phone off the counter and then head back into my room to lay down. 

Rafe- do not move. 

Rafe- ill be back in a min.

Rafe- dont fucking leave whatever room ur in no matter one

Rafe- im so fucking sorry

I read the texts I get from Rafe and feel myself becoming more and more confused. I walk over to the bedroom door and lock it. I look around and fail to find my bag. I look around my room and notice I did have my carry on. It consisted of my emergency period kit which had underwear and shorts in. I quickly changed into that and looked around for a shirt. 

there was a black t-shirt on the ground. 

I think for a moment before remembering that it was the same shirt Rafe was wearing earlier. I quickly slipped it on and then sat back in my bed. I texted Rafe back, without the intent of hearing back. 

I hear a few noises coming from outside the house and rush to the window to see if I can tell what was going on. I couldn't get a clear picture of anything. I saw a few people running but could not make out faces. 

It was a taller brunette and a shorter blonde. Seemed to be boy and girl. Shortly after them running, I saw a few cops chase after them. The two people both climbed onto the second floor and my stomach dropped. 

"Soph-" The girl outside my window was cut off by Rafe running into my room. 

"Sophie," 

I look over at him and then back at the door to the private deck. I felt like I could throw up. Rafe ran over to me and pulled me away from the window and door. His movements were careful and he kept his eyes glued on the girl outside. 

"Rafe," I say slowly, turning from him back to the girl. That is when I notice the blood.